Chapter 12- That Stupid Light.

Oh. My. God. Now I know why we never go in the basement.

Right when I pushed open the door, a nasty mixture of alcohol, weed, cigarettes, and filth filled my nose.

Well, now I know what he does by himself all day.

I slowly walked down the dark stairs while running my hands along the walls looking for a light switch. I finally felt one at the base of the stairs and stood thinking for a while if i should flick it on or not. This is a super invasion of privacy and what if he's awake? Well, what if he isn't awake? What even was my plan here?

I stood thinking for a while about if i should turn on the light or not and after a couple minutes of intense thinking, I decided to turn on the light and just tell him I wanted to know what was in the basement if he's awake so he wouldn't just make me leave because I want to know what's going on between him as Mikey. He didn't really seem like he wanted to talk about it, considering he left Mikey's room right away.

I flicked the switch and the light lit up the whole staircase, revealing that I wasn't at the end yet but at a break in the stairs and I would need to turn right and go down anther set. Great.

Right after the light turned on, I heard a cough and blankets shuffle. Oh my God. He's up, he's up, he's up and he's going to kill me because I am stupid and shouldn't of done this. Screw this, I'm going back upstairs.

I quickly turned around and started running back up the stairs. Maybe he'll think it was just his mom checking on him? Well, if I get out before he sees me then he probably won't think it was me.

Right before I got to the door I realized that I left the light on. That. Stupid. Light. I need to turn it off so he knows that the person left. What if he already saw me? I turned around and saw the staircase was still empty. What if he sees me when I'm going to turn it off? I'm probably risking way more going back to turn off the lights, but then he'll probably come upstairs and look for whoever it was if I don't. I turned back towards the door and started walking back towards it. Okay, no I need to go turn off the lights, I just need to be quick with this.

I turned back around and ran down the steps as fast and quietly as I could, and due to hurriedness and clumsiness, I ended up missing the third step from the base and tripped. I would've fallen flat on my face, if the person that I crashed into wasn't there.

~~okay I know this is super short but I had to upload soon or else I would be murdered & I just had to end it a another cliffhanger(:~

EDIT: I just went back and edited all my mistakes, I actually edited something:O