Chapter 6- Don't Hate The Player, Hate The Game.

~~okay, this is just an awkward chapter. It's sorta a filler so I addressed the whole "pervert" situation Frank has with Elodea (don't worry, they don't do anything...like...that) & it's just a weird chapter to me. Oh well, if you find it weird then comment & I'll try and change something.~~

I walked into my study hall classroom and sat in my usual seat in the back of the class. I didn't have any friends in this class, but I saw that as a good thing. Without any of the guys to distract me, I actually get most of my homework done in this period.

I decided to start my Honors English homework, seeing as it was due next period (yeah, I know, I'm such an overachiever). I pulled out the novel we were reading and started on the first chapter.

By the end of the period, I was on chapter 10, 5 chapters ahead of where we should be. What? I'm a fast reader and didn't have any other homework to work on.

I put my book into my shoulder bag and walked slowly to English. I didn't have any of my friends in the class, so there was no rush.

I decided I'd stop at my locker since I had still had a lot of time and needed to get my swimsuit for Gym. I have Gym after English and we started our swimming unit this week.

When I turned into the hallway my locker was in, I saw Mikey standing by the same kid in front of the same locker from 2 weeks ago.

"Hi, Mikey!" I yelled, waving my hand around frantically.

Mikey turned around and looked shocked. Well my locker IS over here, stupid...

"Oh, uh..Ellie..uh, hi." Mikey shuffled over to me quickly, leaving the other boy at the end of the hall next to his locker. 

I looked up and could only see the boy's figure (I have glasses that I never wear and I'm not gonna start anytime soon), but his face was turned towards us and I could tell he was staring at me and Mikey. Before I could make out any of his facial features, Mikey stepped in front of me, blocking my view of the boy.

"Hey, Ellie. What's up?" I tried to look over Mikey's shoulder but he kept shifting awkwardly, blocking my view with each move. He looked behind his shoulder and turned back to me, finally standing up straight. I looked behind Mikey and saw that the hall was now empty again except for me and Mikey.

"Uh, nothing," I quickly regained my posture and looked back at Mikey, "I was just getting my swimsuit before Gym. Who was that boy?" Mikey looked around on the floor, mumbling something about his family knowing the boy.

"Oh, okay..." I said back, I wasn't really paying attention and couldn't hear what Mikey said, so I just pretended like I knew what he was talking about.

"Well, I gotta get to class. I'll see you later, bye." Mikey brushed past me quickly before I could even reply, turning down the hallway and disappearing from my sight.

I know he's lying, he's such a bad liar. Why does he keep lying to me about this kid? What could possibly be going on that Mikey doesn't want me to know? I need to confront him about this, I'll just go to his house early tomorrow and ask him then.

I unlocked my locker and dumped all my books in, grabbing my swimsuit and slamming my locker door shut. I only had about 4 more minutes to get down to the fieldhouse and change so I ran to the other side of the school as fast as I could, making it into the locker room with a minute to spare.

I changed into my swimsuit then walked out into the pool area, sitting at my assigned seat on the bleachers waiting for class to start. There were only about 3 other kids in here, since we still had about 5 more minutes to change. Yeah, I know, I didn't have to rush and get changed, but I hated it in the locker room and would rather be out of it as soon as possible.