CHAPTER 12 : the VENDING MACHINE

RYAN'S P.O.V

Zac and Asher are gone now. I'm left alone with Lena who's staring at the floor her smile faded. Whatever, the clock's ticking and we have to be at school.

The silence is unbearable, I clear my throat and say, "Go upstairs and get ready, your uniform's on your bed." She looks up and nods making her chocolate curls bounce.

Her figure quickly retreating.Her petite body moves with such control and authority it's mesmerizing.

Ugh!

Why does she have to be so cute stuffing her face with so much sugar all the time.

Woah brain, going astray.

She's my hostage and I've been too kind. She has that fire I've been looking for, no one in their right mind would act so calm.

What's the deal with her? before my brain asked for permission, "Angel." My mouth blurts out. Angel, I like the name, it's suitable. I notice that she has been waiting for a response her eyes barely looking at mine.

She seems so free with everyone else but with me, so shy and reserved. Exactly how it should be.

She should be scared of me just like everyone else that utters my name. "Nothing."I say and turn away. She'd better hurry up. Her retreating footsteps are a signal for me to let out some air.

I lean against the counter and lose myself in my thoughts.

15minutes later

Okay, the plan to drive her nuts is simple. I know, I know. It's not right and I'm a creep. But that's how I get a new queen for the mafia. It's not completely my idea though.

Amber my cousin, told me that if I'm going to have a queen I'll at least need somebody who is half as psycho as I am.

Believe me for someone who has killed over 200men on his own and thousands more by one command, it needs somebody as jacked up in the brain. Also it's required of every mafia boss to have a betrothed before senior year ends or else our parents will intervene.

I don't need to care about her, just keep her next to me so that the pride knows I have someone next to me. It brings enemies to you because they think that the wife is the most important thing in the world to you then wham! Killed 6 flies at once.

It'll be completely loveless. I'll be having pleasurable nights obviously not so much for her.

I straighten my blazer and tie so I can breathe, my amusement could choke me.

I feel some movement in the air and I know that it's her. "Um, can we go?" she says. I pinch the bridge between my nose.

Her voice is so loud it's annoying. I turn around about to yell but I see her in the uniform.