The Bookstore - 36

E P I L O G U E

The couple moved into the bookstore together after they got married. They merged themselves fully with each other and renovated the bookstore a ton. There was a children's play area near the lounge as well as a baby nook. The bookstore was elongated and there was more space for more lounging and bookshelves.

Maisie walked around, admiring her work put into the store and stopped once she saw the way her husband, Oscar, played with the little kids. They were laughing as climbing on his tall stature. She laughed as he played along with their 'defeat' and fell to the floor, catching all while catching the little kids. Their moms were standing around, talking and laughing as their children played with Oscar.

Teenagers and college students were all hanging out and chatting, some studying and doing homework. Maisie felt amazing about where she came to. She walked over to the lovely ladies watching their children.

"He's going to be a great father, Maisie." She looked down at her stomach and smiled at the four women. "Yeah." She smiled as he stood up once he saw her. "Hey, how are you doing?" He said after reaching her. "I'm fine, go play with them." Maisie nodded towards the kids that looked disappointed that he left. "Call my name if you need anything baby." He pecked her lips and walked away towards the small humans. "He is amazing with you, you really found yourself a real man." One of the women said, smiling at Maisie. "He is. And I am sure he'll be even better with our kids one day." Maisie watched him with a small smile. "You're almost there." She winked at Maisie and bumped her shoulder lightly.

"Yeah, you're right. I am scared about this, though." The ladies smiled and giggled. "There is nothing to worry about. The only downside is getting some sleep and I'm sure you know that. Overall, having kids was the best thing I could've ever done." She looked longingly at her child as Maisie smiled. "Thank you, how was everything for you guys?" She asked them, placing her hand below her stomach. "It was glorious for me, no problems at all, but everybody is different. The best part was seeing her little smile and watching her open her eyes for the first time." Maisie nodded and smiled.

"I am almost a hundred percent sure it's going to be a boy, but we didn't get a gender because I wanted it to be a surprise. Oscar went along because he wanted me to be happy." The girls swooned and all let out an 'awwwe.' "I know, he's truly the best." The women nodded and laughed.

"What time is it?" Maisie asked, mostly to herself, looking over at the clock. Before she could even see the time, one of the women said that it is five-thirty. Maisie nodded and finally looked around to see an almost empty building. "Alright, thank you. It was nice talking with you guys, I have to go say goodbye to customers." They all smiled at each other before Maisie walked away slowly.

"Have a nice night." Maisie said as the last person walked out of the store. The fairylights were shining bright as well as the ceiling lights. There were more fairylights hung up across the library so it would have more a homey feel. Maisie felt Oscar standing beside her as she stood before the locked, antique door and admired the bookstore.

"So many memories have been made in this place." He sighed, smiling to himself as he looked around the new and improved bookstore.

"And we will welcome many, many more." She said quietly, happily. She rested her head on his shoulder and rubbed her big belly.

The two stood there for a couple of minutes before going upstairs to their home.