The Bookstore - 31

M A I S I E

It's already been two weeks since the whole fiasco in the bookstore happened with that one girl. She's still totally embarrassed about it to this day and she doesn't think she'll ever get over it. She's been ranting to Oscar about it for half an hour now and she won't stop. She felt extremely embarrassed after the fact that it happened and after the fact she had already closed the bookstore without apologizing to the people in there listening to the very verbal argument.

"Babe, I just can't let it go! I'm so embarrassed!" She groaned and stuffed her face into her hands. They sat on Oscar's bed after having dinner and she could not stop talking about how embarrassed she still is. She tried to rub her eyes to make everything be forgotten, but no such luck. Oscar chuckled at her but covered it up with a cough. "Everything will be alright. Instead of stressing about this, stress about that we're going to see our parents in a week." Yes, they finally decided a date and that would be May thirty-first. It's a weird and unusual number to pick, but that's when they are both extremely available for the next week and half or so. It'll be next Monday, a week from tomorrow.

"Okay, but I'm still not over-" Instead of letting her drag on more about the events, he kissed her right on the lips catching her off guard. It did, however, get her mind off of everything. His kisses were wonderful. She claims that he is the best kisser ever and she will never get tired of the figurative butterflies and sparks his kisses have her. Sometimes, they even made her go as crazy as to initiate things she didn't think she was capable of.

Before Oscar, though she hates to talk about past relationships, as it's the past and irrelevant now, she only had dirty time a maximum of three times.

It's not just Oscar's kisses that give her life, it's whatever he does to her and generally whatever he does. Oscar, unlike anybody before, has shown Maisie the kind of love that keeps anyone on their feet. He showed her not only love, but so many more things that make her fall for him more every single day they're together. Which is every single day.

She kissed him back after a second and giggled through it, making him pull away and smile. "Do you feel better now?" Maisie nodded feverishly while smiling. Oscar chuckled at her before taking a deep breath. Maisie did the same thing and planted her face into her hands. "I'm so nervous." She looked up just as she saw him nod his head and felt his large hand running up and down her back in comforting motions. "I am too, but we'll be there together." He grabbed her cheeks with both of his hands and kissed her forehead. Maisie smiled and hugged him.

"You always know how to calm me down." Maisie felt his smile through the shirt on her back and breathed his man scent in, as creepy as that sounds. She pulled away from their hug and looked him in the eyes with a 'can we?' type look. "No, not right now." He didn't want to reject her request, but he didn't want to do anything today because he knows he won't go to work the next morning due to fatigue, you could say. He wants to get to work and be able to take the week off for when they travel to Michigan. Maisie already has Adam looking after the bookstore that week and she trusts him fully to take care of it. Adam, if you don't remember, is the teenage boy who works at the cafe down the block for his father.

They have talked multiple times because Maisie has made it a daily ritual to walk to the cafe every lunch. It's exercise and she's creating a good, friendship bond. She has also been talking with the whole family and they've already made a good impression on each other in the last two weeks.

"Okay, sorry. I know you want to be working this week, and tomorrow is Monday." She apologized and smiled, laying down on his bed. The clock on the bedside table read 'ten-twenty' and Maisie closed her eyes and sighed deeply. "Lay down with me." She patted the spot next to her as he was already lowering himself down on his backside. He glanced over to her and smiled. "Now close your eyes. Think of something you love." Oscar hummed and Maisie took it as an 'okay, what now?'

"What are you thinking about?" She whispered calmly almost falling asleep. "You." His tone mirrored hers as he fiddled with her small fingers that mingled with his, their hands connecting and the size difference becoming even more visible. She smiled a genuine, big smile and turned to look at him. He was already looking her way and she knew what she was doing the moment she asked him. "Okay, but if you really love me," she paused, slapping a pout and puppy dog eyes onto her face. "You would do anything for me." He gave her a smirk and rolled on top of her. "So you want to play that game?" She nodded excitedly, unbuttoning the blouse covering her chest.

Maisie acting like this is rare, she even expected herself to stay in her pants but right now, for some reason, is hard for her.

"Well, two can play at it sweetheart." He hands gripped hers, stopping them from unbuttoning any further. She looked up at him with a smirk. She slowly raised one of her eyebrows and but her lip. "Oh really? So if I just," she paused her words and wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled his hips down towards her own. "Do that?" She was internally shocked, yes, but internally means she didn't show it. She wants something, and she's going to get it. Oscar groaned, to her ears it was music.

"Hmm? You don't like it?" He let go of her hands and used both of his to pull himself out of this situation. He wanted it, so badly, but he knew if they didn't stop now, they won't stop anytime soon. She slipped her shirt off, showing off her lacy, coral colored bra. "Why, Maisie." She shrugged her shoulders and grabbed his face. They looked at each other for a sold ten seconds before he gave in and pushed her down onto his bed.