The Bookstore - 13

O S C A R

They sat under the stars for a while until the woman looked at him. Oscar kept his gaze on the sky and watched a shooting star go by. He quickly wished for something. As he turned his head to the side, he caught the beauty next to him already looking at him. Everything happened so fast and Maisie's lips were already detached from his. He's feeling many different things now. He definitely did like her before but now after that one small kiss he likes her even more.

"That was perfect. You're perfect." Oscar said after a short minute of silence. They both breathed in deeply and Maisie rested her head on his shoulder. He didn't expect the petite bookworm that owns a bookstore to be so bold like how Maisie was just a minute ago. He didn't think she'd be the first one to initiate the kiss, honestly. They laid there like nothing even happened for what seemed like the whole night but what was really only ten minutes. "It's getting late, Maisie." Oscar whispered into the night air, turning his head downward to look at the girl still watching the twinkling stars. "Is it already time to leave?" She asked with a cute pout. Well, Oscar thought it was adorable. He nodded and chuckled through his smile. He doesn't know why he's so carefree with her when with everyone and everything else he's so serious.

Oscar stood first, dusting his pants off and taking his phone out of his pocket. The time said 'ten-thirty' it had already been many hours. "Help me up." Maisie whined as she felt tired and dint want to get up herself. The man grinned a full-teeth smile down at the woman and pulled her up with force, causing her to fly into his arms. She squealed in the process, not expecting the rush. She laughed afterwards and hopped down, helping Oscar pack up both the basket and blanket and some of the trash. Maisie folded the blanket neatly and set it on her forearm as she carried the basket on her other arm. Oscar threw the garbage in a nearby trash can and quickly walked back to Maisie. "Let me take this." He grabbed the basket swiftly and held it in one hand. Maisie's hand was clasped by the other and the two started to walk towards Oscar's car.

Maisie laid the blanket on herself, as it was getting really chilly outside and she couldn't wait for the heater to be turned on. She is also pretty tired after today. Her eyes were closed once they were driving and she had breathed steady, signaling to Oscar that she is asleep. He still kept his eyes on the road and drove swiftly towards his place. It very late and Maisie seems to be knocked out, so Oscar felt bad waking her up. He also doesn't have a key to the bookstore, therefore, going to his penthouse would be more convenient. The parking lot had little to no cars as he pulled in.

The man exited the sleek black vehicle quietly and hurried to the other side. As assumed by Oscar, Maisie showed no signs of waking up soon. He made sure the blanket is still wrapped around her small frame tightly and made his way inside the building and towards the elevator. The woman stirred slightly in her sleep but didn't wake, instead she turned in the man's arms and snuggled to his chest. A small amount of pink graced his cheeks as he pressed the elevator's 'up' button. It came quickly and soon enough Oscar was sliding one of his T-shirts over her body. Of course he kept her clothes on while doing this and took them off after she was under another piece of clothing. He definitely didn't want to take advantage of her. He changed himself as well and watched her sleeping self for a minute before taking a blanket from his closet and finding his way to the sofa. Another thing he doesn't want to do: scare the girl by sleeping in the same bed while she doesn't know it.

He didn't get much sleep that night, thinking about the beautiful girl in his bed all night laying uncomfortably still and on his back.

In the morning, Oscar was already up and in the kitchen making breakfast for him and the lovely lady. He heard her small footsteps from the door of his bedroom and looked to where she walked down the few steps to the 'main floor.' I'm not sure if you can call it that because it really isn't a second floor, it's kind of like a loft almost.

"Good morning sleepy head." Oscar brightened up once he saw her. Her hair was a little messed up but it was cute. Her smile was evident on her face and you could tell she had a good nights rest. The clock read eight-thirty-four when the man looked at it and he quickly got back to flipping the bacon and swirling around the eggs. "Good morning. Did you sleep on the couch? You could've totally slept in the bed with me I wouldn't have minded." She felt quilt now and Oscar could hear it in her tone. "It's really okay, I didn't want to scare you. I also put that shirt on before taking your clothes off if you were wondering." Maisie laughed and waved him off. "Oscar, babe, I don't care if you see me. I had a bra and underwear on." She continued to laugh as Oscar's face turned a bright red color. The tint reached all the way to his ears as he thought about her undressed in front of him. His whole body became hot now.

Though, he doesn't need to see her body to fall for her. That's what he's been doing this whole time, so why start now when he doesn't hav to?

"Still. I didn't need to pry in business that isn't mine." She pouted as he plated the eggs and bacon for them. He watched as she sat down across from him at the small table in between the living room and kitchen. "You could make this business yours though." Her face held a thoughtful look on her face as Oscar's eyes widened. He obviously doesn't want to ask her to be his girlfriend right now. He was going to do it tonight.

"Yeah, I know. Will you be patient with me?" Oscar is now amused as he watches the small girl shove scrambled eggs into her mouth. She covered it and waited to speak. "I'm sorry for not having any manners right now, I'm hungry and you don't want me to turn hangry." Oscar shook his head while taking a bite of his food as well. "It doesn't matter, it's cute. Eat away." He winked and she smiled sheepishly before eating some of her bacon.

"So, I'll see you soon?" The man nodded his head and hugged her. "Very soon, I don't like being away from you." She hugged him back and opened the bookstore. Oscar watched her lock the door after her, assuming that she's not going to open it today since it's already noon. He got into his car once he saw that she was safe and drove off to his penthouse. Employees were working and typing on their computers each on the different levels of the building. Since he finished all of his paperwork, he decides to take today off. Once he stepped into his penthouse he changed into workout clothes. Instead of going to the gym, he ran outside since it's sunny and warmer than usual in New York City. He still wore long pants and a sweatshirt to be sure he won't get too cold.

The run was nice for him and he got back to his penthouse sweating and feeling refreshed. He remembers that he's going to surprise Maisie tonight and smiles. His shower was short as he only washed his hair and body and didn't sit in the water for a couple minutes like he normally does. He changed into casual wear. 'Seems like these days I don't wear my suits anymore.' He thought to himself, rummaging through his closet. The many clothes and suits were shown along with shoes and ties and even more accessories. You would think the big space was a girl's closet.

Oscar quickly made himself some dinner after relaxing and watching the TV for a bit. It was very quiet, so he decided to sit at the table on the balcony and eat. Traffic was really bad at the moment. Birds and horns honking was the majority of the noise being heard.

He checked his phone and saw a text message: 'I miss you already :p' he smiles and heads inside after realizing that it's already four p.m. 'I miss you too' he sent back right away. He grabbed his jacket from the couch and hurried outside. Today, we would be walking the short distance to her bookstore and surprising her. Not with any materialistic items, but with words.