The Bookstore - 26

O S C A R

It's been two weeks since Mr. Russo passed away from cancer and those two weeks Oscar had the chance to talk to Maisie about going with her to Michigan but has not taken it. He was going to today since he's bringing her back to his penthouse later for dinner.

"I'm picking you up later and we're going back to my place." Maisie replied with an 'okay.' She was doing a lot better now. Oscar and the bookstore took her mind off of the tragedy, but she was still deeply saddened and affected by Greg's passing. His funeral is two months away and in June. Oscar knew that they will have to go afterwards because he knew there is no way Maisie is going to miss something like that. The reason why it's so far away is because Adam's father, the new owner of the cafe, wanted to prepare and make it perfect. Oscar still doesn't know that Maisie sees them, but she was thinking of telling him today. Not like anything is going on anyways.

"I love you, but I have to get back to work. I'll see you later." Maisie giggled and hung up before Oscar had the opportunity to reply and he sighed, setting his phone down on his desk and continuing his work as well. Lunch time rolled around again and Marcus and Oscar left to the food court inside of their work building. The two were talking and i'm minding their own business when a shadow stood slightly over them. "Can we help you?" Oscar made his voice come off as extremely polite as he looked up at the fake-tanned girl in front of him.

"Can I have both of your numbers?" He's never seen her around before, so it's weird for this encounter to be happening when random people can't just be let inside the building unless they have an appointment or are interviewing. "Actually, I have a wife. So, no thank you." Marcus piped up, uncomfortable with the situation. The woman turned to Oscar and popped a bubble in her gum. She really looked like a fake high school girl to him and he couldn't help but mentally laugh at how hard she's trying but not even looking good while doing it.

"I'm sorry, but do you work here?" The woman thought for a second and had a dumb look on her face. "No, why do you ask?" She asked rudely. "I'm the owner of this building and Stone Corporations. Random people who aren't either working, interviewing, or seeing somebody here aren't even allowed in the building." She scoffed but flipped her hair behind her shoulder. You could see blotches of fake tan around her shoulders which wasn't cute. "Well, I don't see why I can't have your number." Oscar sighed and rolled his eyes. Marcus still looks uncomfortable.

"Look, I am certainly not about to be disrespected in my own building. I don't know if you heard me a minute ago but I am Oscar Stone, owner of Stone Corporations. If you think you can come into my office building disrespecting people here, I can personally escort you out." He was getting frustrated now. She still didn't move from her spot. "Can I have your number is all I'm asking for." He closed his eyes to cool down just as a hand appeared on his shoulder. He looked back and shock ran through his veins.

"I decided to come surprise you since I was done with work." Maisie whispered in his ear. "Who is this orange bitch?" Oscar laughed and turned to whisper to her. "Please help me out here, I think you know." Maisie nodded and kissed his lips. "Who are you?" The girl asked, a snobby and rude tone to her high pitched, annoying voice. "Oh you know, his sister. Why else would I have just kissed his lips dumbass?" She furrowed her eyebrows in a 'girl, back off my mans' way. Oscar and Marcus tried not to laugh. The girl gasped and scoffed.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" Maisie continued quietly, so nobody heard what their argument was and what was happening. "No, I'm just thinking of a good comeback." The girl smirked and inspected her nails as Maisie stopped for a second. She bursted out laughing and ended up in tears from laughing so hard. "Wow, that one got me so good." Oscar tried to hide his smile as Maisie started to massage his shoulders. The girl rolled her eyes. "Yeah? Well, your mom is so ugly she came out of a haunted house with a contract." Maisie, Marcus, and Oscar looked at each other as soon as her sentence was done. "What the fuck is this bitch on?" Maisie said quietly to the two men sitting at the table.

Oscar shrugged his shoulders and laughed a little bit. "I have no clue but this is so funny. She looks so proud and accomplished." Marcus got up and left because he was laughing so hard. "Well? Am I going to get your number or what? What the hell is your name again? Owen?" She waved her hand through the air and giggled at herself. "Sorry, I'm bad with names. Your number?" This girl seriously didn't stop at anything.

"I'll be right back. You two stay right where you are." Maisie commented. Oscar made sure to keep the girl from touching him and waited for Maisie to come back. Once she did, he was relieved to also see security with her. "This girl has come into this building and harass Mr. Stone. I would like her to be escorted out and sent to the police. A restraining order would be nice but I'm not that mean." The girl was still looking down at her nails and chewed her gum loudly. "Of course, Miss. Cave." Since Maisie has been dating Oscar, he introduced all of the staff members in the building. Which is a lot, it took over a week to get her situated with everybody and remembered their names within a month. Oscar was really patient with her though because he understands.

"Thank you boys." She waved as they took the girl away without touching her. Apparently she thought they were more 'hot' than Oscar. He wasn't complaining though.

"Well, wasn't that fun?" Maisie giggled as she hopped up on his kitchen counter. Oscar chuckled and nodded. He walked the few steps until he stood in between her legs. She wrapped her arms around his neck and legs around his waist, locking him in. "I love you." He whispered, admiring her plump lips and button-like nose. "I love you too." She kissed his lips softly and before she could pull away he deepened the kiss and set his hand on her thighs.

A lot of shit went down today, we'll just leave this at that moment in the kitchen where no one can evidently speak of what the two did later on.