The Bookstore - 4

O S C A R
edited(please lmk if i made any errors)

As Oscar walks back to his sleek BMW, all he could think about is the girl inside that bookshop. He walks in and sees the beautiful architecture and wants to see more, though there isn't much else to see as it is so open that even from outside you could get the whole image of the place.

He opens the car door and slides himself into the drivers seat, ready to drive off. He waits a couple of minutes just thinking about not only the building, but also the beauty that was inside of it. Beauty as in the young woman who's name he found out is Maisie Cave. He had heard about her a while ago from his secretary. He said all kinds of things, starting from her looks down to her absolute amazing knowledge and entrepreneurship.

Oscar starts his car and drives silently to his penthouse as he thinks about the girl in there. 'She's breathtaking' he says to himself as he nears the drive way to the apartment building. He pulls in and parks in his designated spot, stepping out and shutting the door softly.

Even though Oscar doesn't know Maisie, and has only met her once in person, he still believes that she's intelligent just by looking at her and how she speaks. Her voice, in the little time she spoke, is gorgeous to him. Oscar has always been the man to keep to himself. He has only had one or two girlfriends and that was in high school, in other words, almost seven years ago. He hasn't had one since and he's already twenty-five. At the slow pace he's going, he seems set on being alone the rest of his life. Though, that's not what he wants to do. Oscar just doesn't have time or desire to be goofing around with women.

By the time Oscar is already at the elevator and pressing the 'open' button, he still hasn't stopped thinking about the young woman and wanting to hear her voice again. The dude has only seen her for a couple of minutes once, he's already whipped, and he doesn't even know the girl.

Since his secretary is his best friend, he hears many things from him about her. Apparently Maisie is very popular all throughout the city, but she doesn't seem to notice it all. All the stares when she actually does set foot outside of her store or all of the conversations people have about her these days.

They're both very independent and clueless, maybe Maisie a little more clueless, but they overall are the same people with slightly different dreams and incomes.

Oscar steps into the elevator right after it opened and presses the very top floor. The elevator stops early and a girl, Miranda, from work steps in with him. She looks him up and down and smirks. Miranda has always had this big thing for him, sexually and financially, not actually for him.

"Miranda." he nods curtly, not making eye contact and looking straight ahead. Oscar is not oblivious to her behavior and tends to avoid her but the girl always finds a way to catch him.

"Mr. Stone." Oscar scoffs and rolls his eyes as he hears the evident 'seduction' in her voice.

"I'm not interested, Miranda." He replies in a bored tone. She huffs, crosses her arms, and smiles weirdly.

"Why aren't you home." Oscar asks, irritated, after he realizes she had not pressed the main floor button. "What? A girl can't ride with her boss to his floor?" Oscar glances at her with a menacing look. "No, a girl cannot. This building is strictly professional and even if it wasn't, I still wouldn't want you." She widens her eyes, offended. Maybe it is a little mean, but Oscar just wants to get to his comfortable home without a problem. He has also told her before that he's not interested, however, she never gets the hint. She finally presses the bottom floor just as they stop at the top floor. She doesn't get out with him and keeps a straight face as the doors close with her in them. Oscar lets out a sigh of relief after the elevator closed and unlocks his penthouse door.

The interior is very open and big. The living and kitchen are attached and that's what you walk into right when you open the door. The windows on the back wall open to a large balcony. The place actually looks almost the same as Josh's penthouse from Young and Hungry. The only differences are the furniture and decorations.

Right after he had gone to his bedroom to change into sweats, he slumps on the couch and turns the his TV on to a random show. It turns out to be a football game and he starts to watch one of the players run around the field and almost score a touchdown. A dude on the other team knocked him to the ground right before he could get to the touchdown area and Oscar become engrossed in watching the rest.

The sun goes down quickly and it's now seven o'clock in the evening. Oscar suddenly becomes hungry and walks the few steps to the pantry in his kitchen. He immediately sees a small thing of cookies and pulls them out to start eating. It doesn't matter for him because he exercises regularly and has a very, very nice body. He'll probably work the calories off tomorrow anyways and gain more muscle than he already has. It's easy for guys to do that.

Oscar still cannot seem to shake off the thoughts of Maisie Cave, though, and he doesn't like it one bit. He's so used to being independent and alone, which he kind of enjoys. 'She was so pretty and smart. Damn I'd do anything for a girl like that.' He thinks to himself as he chews on his cookie. He checks the time on the microwave a couple feet away from him and saw that it's already seven-thirty. Not that it's late or anything, but it seems as though it has only been a couple of minutes since he met the girl his mind keeps replaying.

Oscar looks over to the night sky out on the balcony and decides to take a breather outside. He steps out into the cold night air and remembers that he doesn't have anything but sweatpants on. 'Wow, I'm stupid.' he thinks as he open the door again and rushes back in. He locks all of his doors and heads for the short amount of stairs to his bedroom and completes his normal evening routine.

---

1187 words

hey, i hope you enjoyed reading and don't forget to give feedback !!

be sure to comment and vote my chapters!
4 VOTES = NEXT CHAPTER

it helps me with uploading more for you guys

with the help of you i can upload more for you guys to read!! thanks for reading :p

have a good rest of your day/night

- steph -
- xx -