Chapter Eighty Five

I'm walking through the forest in my wolf form. This rouge, Derek, decided on his own that he will stay with me. I didn't want him to but he keeps following me, almost broke his neck in the beginning for following me and eating some of my kills. The only reason I'm allowing it is because...hell, I don't even know.

I turn around to see him trotting smiling and closing his eyes. Happy as a bee, he then trips over a root and falls on his face. I scuff and laugh on the inside. Idiot.

We were now walking into a empty field with long grass and Derek runs right past me jumping in it. He barks at me to join him as he runs and rolls around. I roll my eyes and just continue walking forward getting hungry. I then feel a body hit into me and we roll around till I get on top and growl. Derek is under me on his back just smiling up at me. I snap at his face not wanting to play. I get off him and continue to walk. I sniff the air loving the wind through the grass onto my fur. It was getting late. I was about to leave the field till I heard a painful howl. I turn around expecting Derek to be right behind me but he wasn't.

I hear the howl and move closer to it cautiously then I see Derek on the floor still and in pain. I didn't bite him did I? I rush over sniffing for wounds but didn't find anything. He howls again. I don't know what to do. I push him gently with my nose and whimper. He just winces in pain. I walk around him back and forth as he howls. What do I do?

I whine and lay my head on his neck and he whimpers. I lay down with my head on his neck. I never saw him do this, and we've been together for awhile. I then hear rustling in the woods and I get up putting my body over Derek who whimpers again.

I smell rouges. Not till they got closer did I see four of  them, with their red glowing eyes. They saw me and started to growl and I barked back. I looked down at Derek, he couldn't fight like this. I look up again and the wolves start to circle around me. I guess I'll have to handle them by myself. I then lunge.

I open my eyes and take in a deep breath. A dream of my life in the forest with Derek. The first time I say him in pain. I look over to my left and see a sleeping Arthur. I smile at him and turn on my side to face him. He was also on his side with his arm across my hip. His hair was in his eyes so I pushed it to the side and he exhales a breath scouting closer to me. He was still really tired. I turn around and grab my phone that was on the night stand and saw it was 2 in the afternoon.

I slowly and quietly get up and go into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and I looked like a hot mess. My hair was all tangled and bags were under my eyes, I was paler than usual too. When I turn on the sink I see the bandages around my wrists, I then remember this morning. That was scary. I hope the girls are feeling better.

 I take off the bandages and the cuts were already healed. I then wash my hands and face. I need to look like a decent person, so I got into the shower and after, I brushed my hair and teeth. I walked back out into the room and into the closet. I run my finger across Arthur's t shirts till I got to my section.

I smiled, happy I was all moved into Arthur's room. I turn around to look at him and he was still peacefully sleeping. I take a pair of sweats and a sweater to change into. When I was done and back to the bed. I lean down and give Arthur a kiss on his forehead not trying to wake him up. I look at his neck and see my mark. It was such a beautiful pattern. It had swirls and some lines, they kind of looked like vines with small specks looking like leafs. It wasn't dark like a tattoo but just a shade darker than his skin. I then touch my neck where his mark was.

I was finally fully mated with my mate. I feel alive again. 

I quietly walk out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen feeling really hungry. When I was closer I could smell something delicious cooking, my mouth started to water as I got closer. I turn the corner to see a guy stirring something in a pot.