Chapter Eighteen

I was now sitting in the principles office waiting for him to come back from visiting the girl. She was still unconscious when they brought her to the nurses office and they sent me to the principles with security. I have been in here for about 15 minutes waiting for the principle to come in.

The door opens and closes. I don't turn around when it does. A man walks by putting his two fingers on the bridge of his nose shaking his head. He sits down at his desk and looks at me. He was a werewolf at this school so he knew what I was.

He had grey hair looking like he was in his forties and was pretty tall. He had brown eyes and light skin.

"Why did you punch Miss Parker?" He asked me.

"It was self defense! She was about to hit me" I stated making sure he knew it wasn't completely my fault.

"Why would she want to hit you?" He said leaning back on his chair.

"Something about me staying away from her man. I don't know" I said still a little nervous, I didn't want to get in trouble.

"Who was she talking about?" He asked me looking straight in my eyes.

"I don't even know" I told him honestly. I had no idea who she was implying.

"Well Miss Marilyn, we will have to ask other students if they thought it was self defense. And you do know that its a small chance you will be staying at this school because of this incident. You don't have a pack to save you and lone wolves aren't very common in schools and can scare other students." He said writing something down that I was trying to see.

"But-" I didn't finish my sentence knowing he was right. It was rare for lone wolves to go to school and other werewolves always have a dislike of wolves with no pack. I nodded and got up already knowing I will have to live the school for the rest of the day. As I was walking I hear someone call my name but I already knew who it was and I did not want to talk to him.

I walked out of the building and onto the street to my apartment. I kept my head down regretting talking to anyone at this school. I should have minded my own business. I should have let Arthur reject me. I walked inside my building and went up stairs. As I was unlocking my door Carl's door opened.

"Oh. Hey Iris, your back early" he said but I ignored him and went inside my little apartment locking the door behind me. It was a terrible day today. All I wanted to do was sit down and stare at a wall, not listening or caring about anything else and just don't exist. And that's what I did. I sat down in my empty living room and looked at my blank wall not caring for how long.

Knock

Knock

I got out of my trance when I heard a knock on the door. I looked at the time and saw I was sitting on the floor for five hours. I got up from the floor and walked over to my door and looked through the door hole. It was Carl. I opened the door when he was about to knock again. He had a small smile on his face. I looked down and saw he had ice cream and a deck of cards.

"I thought you needed a friend from what I saw earlier. I hope you don't mind" He said as he raises the stuff.

"I don't mind at all. Come in" I said opening the door wider and he nodded walking in. When I shut the door I saw Carl just standing there looking at my empty living room. He then moved and looked at my empty kitchen.

"Oh Iris" He said as he sets the food on the counter in the kitchen. He turns around and looks at me with a sad face.

"I know." I said looking around my little apartment. We stayed there just looking around in silence. Till Carl cleared his throat.

"Well I still have ice cream and cards. Lets play." he said raising the cards in the air and sitting on the hard floor in the living room. I nodded and sat down with him.

"Do you have any spoons for the ice cream?" He asked as he shuffles the cards. I shook my head and he looked up in surprise. He got up from the ground and headed for the kitchen. He opened the fridge. There was only five water bottles in there. He opened the freezer which had 5 more water bottles.

"You don't have any food either?" he asked surprised. I nodded bowing my head in shame.

"Well lets change that. I'm going to take you grocery shopping right now." He grabs the ice cream and puts it in the freezer and turns around and looks at me. I had a shocked face. Was he serious?

"What? Carl I can't ask you to do that." I said standing up but he put up a hand at me with a stern face.

"Well I wasn't asking. You are a sweet girl Iris and I just want what's best for you. So lets go." He said heading for the door. I was going to protest but it was no use. If this will make Carl happy then I'll do it. I smiled and grabbed my bag and we headed off.

"Lets start with kitchen supplies" Carl says as we walk into Target. We grabbed a grocery cart and I followed Carl, because I had no idea where to go. As we walk towards the kitchen supplies Carl starts putting things in the cart he says I will need. At first I told him I didn't need them, but it was no use. We finally make it to the kitchen supplies already having 20 items in the cart.

"Okay. We need silverware." He said walking over there, me right behind him. There was a lot to choose from. Carl picked up a box with pink silverware inside and I shook my head. I look through all the colors and saw black. There were two different sizes of forks, butter knifes, and two different sizes of spoons.

"I like these" I told him. My favorite color was black. I put it in the cart and we went further down the alley. Grabbing dark color kitchen supplies. Dark red different sizes plates, grey knifes, black pots and pans, and other tools I might need in the kitchen.

"Next, food" he said as we walk out of the kitchen supplies and into the food area.

"I can't allow you to pay for all this Carl" I said to him as we enter the check out line. We got all of the things people need in a kitchen and I had to persuade Carl to not go into the living room supplies.

"I cant let you do it. This is too much and you need to focus on your bills." He says as we move up the line.

"Carl I have enough money for this and my bills." I told him but he didn't by it. It was true though. I did have enough for this. I still had money saved up from my fighting so I can very well pay for this.

"What about we split it. Fifty Fifty" I told him and he started thinking.

"What about 30 70. " he said pointing at me when he said 30.

"lowest I'll go is 45 55" pointing at myself when I said forty five, since I know he would.t let me get the 55. He started thinking again.

"Deal" And we shook hands. We then started taking out the stuff and putting them near the cashier.