Chapter Forty One

"How much further?" I whined to Arthur. We have been walking in the woods for at least a half a hour now.

"We are almost there, don't worry." He said and I let out an annoyed sigh. As much spending time with Author is amazing, we are just walking in circles looking for something I don't even know what is.

"Here" he said and I look at where he's looking and it was a cliff. It wasn't a cliff with a beautiful water fall or the sight of the forest going on forever, it was a cliff that over looked a black hole.

"A cliff?" I asked looking at him crazily and he just looked at me with a big smile like it was a pot of gold.

"Not any cliff Rainbow. It's a lake cliff. If you jump over it, you will land in a lake." He said excited and I looked at him still not amazed. Does he really expect me to jump over a cliff and into what looks like a black hole, he must be dreaming.

"Do you really expect me to jump into that." I said pointing to it, walking closer to the edge and looking over it to see total darkness.

"It's perfectly safe I've done it a thousand times and never got a scratch." He said and I looked at him as he stares at me will hope in his eyes, I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Okay I will jump into a black hole with you" I said and he smiled and he started to take off his shirt, my eyes widened but I couldn't stop myself from staring. He had an awesome upper body that made my mouth water. His abs and pecks looked so well sculpted that it could be a million dollar art piece.

"Rainbow staring isn't nice" he mimicked me from this morning and I rolled my eyes to hide my embarrassment. He then started to take off his pants by then I stopped him.

"What are you doing?" I asked him before he could pull down his pants.

"I'm not going to swim in my clothes" he said pulling down his pants just leaving on black boxer briefs and I couldn't stop staring. It seemed like he had a b-

"Okay, I know I'm hot but you are staring a lot" he said crossing his arms over his chest which didn't help. I gulped

"I guess I should undress to, huh?" I said ignoring his comment and started to take off my pants as he puts his clothes on a rock. When he turns around I was left in my black bra and underwear, this time he's staring.

"Take a picture it will last longer." I said putting my hands on my hips. He didn't seem to get affected by my comment but only checked me out slowly, his eyes growing darker.

"Arthur. Arthur!" I clapped and snapped my fingers but he kept staring. "Am about to put back on my clothes"

That's when he growled in protested and I rolled my eyes. Guys are such dogs.

"Okay hot stuff lets jump in" he finally says getting out of his little faze and stepping closer to the cliffs edge. I stepped next to him and he grabbed my hand.

"You ready?" He asked me looking over to me. I looked back to the endless hole and back to Arthur.

"More than I'll ever be" I said and he smiled and we jumped. I held onto Arthur's hand tighter but I didn't scream or yell I just held onto Authors hand till we hit the water. I closed my eyes and let go of Arthur's hand. I swam to the surface. I opened my eyes and looked for Arthur. He finally popped up and I laughed.

"You never asked me if I could swim" I said remembering he never did. He just shrugged.

"If you didn't know then I would've saved you and earned some brownie points" he said and I splashed him. I looked around and where we were, was beautiful. The water was a clear dark blue and the lake looked like a pool, a big pool, but not a huge lake that I was expecting. There was a cave, that I hope went back to the surface and by the forest. The rest were shiny brown walls and some small passages. There were icicle looking rocks above the cave entry and near the small passages, there was even a few big rocks around.

I looked around but didn't see Arthur, I started to panic but then there was a huge splash next to me. Arthur just jumped into the lake again from the top. His head popped up, he wiped his hair to the side and smiled at me.

"Pretty cool place, huh?" He said and I smiled and nodded.

"It's beautiful and relaxing. How did you find it?" I asked him and he swam closer to me.

"I was taking a run and didn't see where I was going or the cliff because I was looking at the sky and just fell in." He shrugged. And I let out a laugh.

"Well that was dangerous" I said as I swim to the edge of the lake to get out and sit down. I get to one of the rocks and sit down. I wasn't tired or anything I just wanted to get a better view of the lake and to look around.

"That passage goes into a water fall, its extraordinary." Arthur points in the direction behind me. I turn to look at the passage hoping one day I'll be able to see it.

"Is that a tattoo?" Author asked me getting out and getting closer. I gulped, I got this tattoo for my mate and a reminder about when I find my mate, and Arthur's my mate.

"Yea" I said as he gets closer to it.

"What does it say?" He asks me.

"Ο σύντροφός μου θα με σώσει" I say in Greek. " My Mate Will Save Me" I whisper in English  looking down at my hands. He lefts my chin up and kisses me slowly.

"I'll make sure of it." He said when his lips leave mine. I open my eyes to lock with his. I smile

"I hope so" I said as I stand up and go around him and jump into the water and I heard Arthur follow me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think? Finally Author is embracing that Iris is his mate. Iris finally has a mate that she's been waiting for for so long.

Pleases vote and comment.

Thanks @FakingLifesince3754 for all the votes

And thanks @chickity_98 for the follow.

Please share the book and comment with what you think.