Chapter Eighty Three

I wake up with a start. I sit up straight quickly with a feeling of unease. I look at the time to see its only 2am. I look over to a sleeping Arthur whose arm was in my lap.

"Go back to sleep Rainbow" He mumbles slightly opening his eyes but to tired to fully open them.

"Did you hear that?" I ask him. I could have swore I heard a howl. A howl of someone hurt or something.

"No I didn't. Just go back to sle-" Arthur doesn't finish his sentence as he sits up and hears the same howl. It was a little faint but I could hear it and it was louder than before. I stand up and throw on one of Arthur's hoodies and rush down stairs to the door.

I didn't know why I was in such a hurry but the howl was like a call for me. I couldn't resist it. I hear Arthur's steps behind as he calls my name but I don't stop. I rush out the pack house and wait for the howl again.

"Whats going o-" Will tries to say but the howl happens again and I rush to the sound. It gets loud and closer and it keeps happening over and over again. It sounded like a plead or beg. I know the howl. I run with all I have till I see him.

Derek was running in his wolf still howling till he stops and falls over. I move faster to him till I slide on the dirt and at his side.

"Derek Derek Derek..." I keep repeating as I hold his head in my lap. He starts to whimper and move around. He was in so much pain.

"Shift Derek. Please shift..." I tell him and he shakes his head. I pet the top of his head as he howls again. He never felt this much pain before.

"Is that Derek?" Arthur asks as he stands over me out of breath from the run over here. I just nod as I cradle Derek's head. How did it get this bad? He wasn't in this much pain when we left.

"I knew I shouldn't have left you. I shouldn't have left him!" I yell at Arthur. I pet Derek's head whispering to him it will be okay and he just howls again.

"Please shift Derek. I need you to talk to me" I tell him as I bring his head to face me. I look into his eyes nodding to him that its okay. He nods back and I hear the cracks of bones as he shifts and another howl of pain. The howl goes into a scream as hes in his human form and naked in my arms. I hear a quiet growl from Arthur but I just glare at him.

"Can you walk? We can take you to the doctor" Will asks handing Derek basketball shorts.

"ARGH!!" Derek yells against my lap. I get the basketball shorts and put them on Derek.

"W-Whats going on?" I hear a quiet voice say. I look up to see Emily looking scared as she stares at Derek who just whimpers. I wanted to glare, I thought I was but my eyes were begging her to come over to me and help him. To help her mate.

We stare at each other till she slowly nods then quickly nods and gets on her knees next to me. She didn't know what to do but then Derek screams in pain again and she slightly pushes me away to hold his head in her lap.

"Look at me Derek. Please look at me" She whispers to him and he turns his head to look at her. He smiles at her as she pushes his hair away from his face. He then screams again and Emily grabs more of him and rocks back and forth.

"What are you guys just standing there for!? Call the doctor and tell him to get here now! Derek can't go over there alone" Emily yells at Will and her brother. They nod and I stand up pacing a little.

He never has been in this much pain for this long before. I never heard him scream like this. Tears were going down his cheeks.

"Its hurts Iris! It hurt really b-argh!" he screams then whimpers. Emily just kisses his forehead over and over. I didn't know what to do. Hearing him scream like that made my chest squeeze so tight and my ribs feel like they are going to break.