Always Together

everything has changed by BILLY WILSON and CAMERON LEVY

Epilogue III

Annabeth's P.O.V.

It was absolute chaos in the backstage.

People rushed around setting up instruments and the lights and the costumes.
Percy himself was walking around looking for any way he could help. He supervised everything, trying to be as perfect as possible.

For Annabeth it was a scene she had never seen.
For a man who lived a sort of messy life with his messy room, desk and recording room, he was being quite the perfectionist today. But Annabeth had never been backstage before.

Whenever she had come to see Percy's shows, she would always be at the VIP section. But seeing this side of him, made this all the more better. He really did care about those he loved and all the hardwork that he was doing now, just meant that he loved his fans for supporting him on his journey too.

The opening artist was a band that Annabeth had always liked, LANY. She remembered the times when she used to listen to their songs on the radio whenever Percy and her went on long drives with their friends.

Their sequence was just about to get over before Percy entered on stage. He had kissed her before he had to get under the stage so that he could emerge out on a raising platform.

"Thank you, New York!" Paul Klein's voice echoed throughout Madison Square where the concert was being held tonight.

As soon as they exited the stage, Percy's band members took their places and the lights dimmed.

The crowd was restless, as usual, and they started cheering for their artist to come out.
They were granted their wish when music began, a song Annabeth recognized from his newest album, and the crowd went crazy.

Lights illuminated the raised platform where Percy had started to emerge from. If Annabeth thought that the cheers were loud, then she had certainly underestimated the power of his fans.

"

It's the guy from the one band;
Cigarette in my left hand,
Whole world in my right hand,
Twenty-five and it's all planned;
Night out and it's ten grand,
Headlines that I can't stand."

Percy's lyrics were always what hit her the most. She was sure that every person in this crowd had been put under his magic spell that he cast with his music.

"But you only get half of the story
The cash, and the cars, and the glory
No sleep and we party 'til morning
'Cause nobody cares when you're boring."

"I'm just like you
Even though my problems look nothing like yours do
Yeah, I get sad, too
And when I'm down I need somebody to talk to
Yeah, I feel the same as you would do
Same stress, same shit to go through
I'm just like you
If you only knew..."

People threw loads of bouquets on the stage and watching Percy carefully store away each and every one of them himself was endearing to watch.
The crowd work that he was doing was amazing as well.

He read out the fans' signs, those that he found interesting with the permission of the fans themselves. Some of the interactions were funny and some were heart-warming.