We both stood up and saw Ryder holding his mate in his arms, with Charlie straddling his waist and his hands held on Ryder's shoulders, looking at him in shock.

Ryder's eyes were golden. He had a feral look on his face. He looked dangerous and ready to kill.

Charlie buried his face in Ryder's neck and cried. Ryder's expression changed instantly and he started sniffing his mate.

My mate and I just stood there as onlookers. We knew Ryder needed to tend his mate. Whoever did that to Charlie is a dead man now. Ryder will not spare him.

Ryder pulled Charlie's face away from his neck and held his face in his hands. He wiped his tears and kissed his forehead. His eyes roamed the body of his mate, taking in his injuries.

"Who did that to you?" he asked in a calm voice but we all knew he was anything but calm right now.

Charlie didn't answer. He just looked at him with his red, puffy eyes. Then, it's like he realized something and he started pushing Ryder away and tried to get down. Ryder growled and held on to his mate tightly who was now struggling to break free from his hold.

"I think we should leave them alone." I whispered to my mate. He nodded at me.

"Ryder." He called out. Charlie stopped struggling and looked at my mate expectantly. It was clear that he thought my mate will tell Ryder to let him go. Ryder looked at him and growled. He also thought the same.

"He needs medical attention. I know you'll take care of him so we'll leave you two alone. We'll talk once your mate feels better." Ryder nodded at my mate and glanced at me. I gave him a sad smile and nodded at him. We both need to have a talk too. But it can wait. We have more important matter at hand.

Charlie started hitting at Ryder's chest and whimpered. The poor boy was so traumatized that he wasn't able to utter a single word. We both left them there and my mate told the guards to leave too.

We both made our way back to the bedroom.

* * * *

Charlie looked so pure, so innocent. How could someone harm him? He had to go through so much at such a tender age. He looked so delicate. One look at him and you would automatically want to protect him from the evils of the world.

I'm young myself but from past few days I started feeling different. I want to stop all the wrong doings that happen to anyone. I want to protect all the innocent people.

I want to kill that person who assaulted the poor little kid.

I hope Ryder comes to his senses and accepts his mate. Charlie is so innocent. How can he resist him?

"What are you thinking?" my mate asked and sat beside me on the bed.

"About Charlie." My mate clenched his fists.

"Don't worry. Ryder will take care of him." I took hold of his hands and he relaxed. He laid down with his head on my lap. I gently massaged his head so he could cool down.

I got to know one thing that my mate cannot tolerate sexual crimes, be it cheating on your partner or forcing yourself on somebody. I respect him so much for this. If the people of the kingdom ever got to know the real reason of him killing that wolf, no one would dare cheat on their mate.

"He ran out of the territory. Thank God nothing happened to him."

"Yes, the guards caught him at the right time."

"What would've happened if the creatures catch him?"

"I don't even want to imagine. He is so young. Who would've thought such an innocent kid will be stuck with a prick like Ryder." My mate chuckled, expertly changing the topic.