Chapter Seventeen

Madison
Monday, August 27th (1 month later)

We've actually been getting along. It's been real quiet, no chaos of any sorts. Just cuddling, dates, and working. But for the past few days Louis has seemed stressed. He's supposed to be leaving for LA next week on the seventh of September. He's scrambling to finish up business here in New York. He always comes home exhausted.

The elevator opened up and out came Louis, his shoes being heard from where I was sitting on the couch as he entered the room. I looked back and saw the tired look on his face. I was then rushing over to him like a housewife and removed his suit jacket, even offering him a cup of tea.

"Tea would be nice, yes," he said softly.

I already had a kettle with boiling hot water ready because I already knew he was going to come home and want a nice, hot cup of tea. I grabbed a mug and poured the water into the cup, the steam rolling off the top. I grabbed a tea bag and dipped it into the water until it was a deep brown. "Any milk? Sugar?"

Louis shook his head as he plopped down on the couch. "Just the way it is," he said. I picked up the mug and approached him with it, carefully handing it over. "Thank you, baby."

I sat down beside him.

He released a sigh and allowed his head to rest against the back of the couch before looking over at me. He studied me for a few seconds before he was wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close. "I am so exhausted," he said, closing his eyes.

"I bet you are. You've been working all day," I said.

He hummed in response before going silent for a few. I looked out of the windows and watched as the sun slowly inched down past the buildings to hide behind them. It rained almost all day here in the city, but by the time it reached five o'clock, the sun finally came out. It didn't light the sky for long since sunset is around eight.

"I've been thinking," Louis began, regaining my attention. "What if, I don't know...you were my girlfriend?"

I tried to hide the smile that was trying to creep its way onto my face. "Umm...what do you mean?"

"I mean, could you see yourself committing to a serious relationship with me?" He asked.

"Of course I do. Why do you ask?" I replied.

He went silent for a few before finally speaking again. "If I asked you to be apart of said relationship, would you say yes?" He asked.

"Yes, I would," I said, feeling kind of jittery.

"Would it matter the occasion?" He asked once more.

"Nope," I said and grinned a little because oh god, this is it!

"Okay," he said and breathed in and then let out a huff, almost like he was going to ask me but then kept silent.

"Wait, I thought you were going to ask me to be—"

"Nah," he said and looked over at me with this stupid look on his face, so I made an 'are you kidding me' face in return, in which he laughed at.

"I'm only messing with you," he said. "I've taken you on every date that you could possibly dream of, so do you finally want to be my girlfriend?"

I smiled, thinking of how much of a goofball he is. "Of course!" I said, cuddling close to him.

"Great," he said, hugging me close and pressing a kiss to the top of my head, "you're fired."

I quickly ripped myself from his arms and gave him this shocked look. "Excuse me?"

"I said you're fired," he repeated.