Chapter Sixteen

Madison
Wednesday, July 27th

I'm exhausted. Utterly exhausted. I literally didn't get a second of shut eye throughout the whole night as yesterday's events ate me up inside. I had to pretend-sleep while Louis got ready for work. I honestly felt like not talking to him. But once he had finished getting ready, I heard him walk over to my side of the bed and I felt the bed sink in slightly as he sat down on the edge. His warm hand softly touched my cheek and his thumbed rubbed against my skin.

"I know you're awake, Madison. And I know you didn't get any sleep last night. I also know you're trying to avoid talking to me, and that's okay. Last night didn't end the way I wanted it to. So I just want to tell you that I apologize. I was insensitive to the situation and shouldn't have raised my voice at you. I'm going to head to work now and while I'm at work I want you to get some rest," he said and pressed a kiss against my temple before standing up and walking away.

My eyes opened when I heard the bedroom door open and then shut quietly with a small 'click'. I think it's proud to say that I am in fact dating a man, an actual man. Maybe I was being way too dramatic last night. Maybe I'm the one who's supposed to apologize. I don't know. But the thing is, he apologized, even though he probably wasn't in the wrong. I pushed him too far yesterday. I took my issue and put it on him when I should've handled it myself like an adult.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my hands over my face. I can't sleep until I do what needs to be done. It's eating me up inside! But Louis made it seem like it was a bad idea, so I don't know...

I got out of the bed and decided that I should take a shower and think it over. Take a shower, eat some breakfast, take Clifford out, and then make a decision. That sounds like a good plan.

I did just that, taking me a little over two hours. It probably doesn't help that I'm stalling just a little bit. I also had to take some time out to cover my dark circles with concealer before I stepped outside with Clifford. But once I had gotten back up to the penthouse, I had finally made my decision. I grabbed my phone and sat down on the couch, going to my Instagram app. I'm not just going to sit around and allow people to judge who I am when they don't even know who I am. Like, who the hell are they?

"I have seen a plethora of articles on the internet these past couple days that are focused on me, some man, and Louis. I would like to defend myself and say that I am not the woman in the photo that is going around. I don't know what 'reliable' source has claimed that the woman is me but it is not me. I think cheating on a significant other is morally wrong. So to aid myself mentally, I will be going private for a while and will not be answering any messages, so I'm sorry in advance to any friends or relatives trying to contact me. My social media will not be in use for a little bit, as well as my phone. So all-in-all, don't believe everything you see on the internet. Thank you for the understanding :)"

I kept rereading and revising it. It wasn't the best but it was enough. It pretty much gets my point out there, I think. My finger hesitantly hovered over the 'post' button. Is this even a good idea? Am I just going to make this way worse than it already is? I held my breath and allowed my finger to touch 'post'.

Not even five minutes later the post began to blow up instantly. A mix of rude and respectful comments circulated through the comment section, even a few arguments between people as a few accounts tried to defend me further. I sighed and switched over to my notifications, scrolling through all of the users that liked the post. But my eyes caught sight of one certain account.

Abrielle_Laurent

I clicked on the account and saw that it was verified. The account was filled with tons of photos of her from her modeling career. Some of the photos were extremely revealing. But I'm not going to lie, she had an amazing body. She had perfectly tan skin, flat stomach, fit figure, and beautiful hair. Why wouldn't Louis want her? She's such a beautiful, fit woman!