17. HORRIBLE PLACES, HORRIBLE MEMORIES

I opened my eyes in a room I was very well familiar with

Mine.

The room was dark and the curtains were swaying with the wind.

Wait, the wind?

I sat up on my bed and looked towards the window to see it open. Panic immediately enveloped my chest in its grasp and I shoved the comforter away before bringing my knees up to my chest and digging my nails in them. 

My body was shaking and rocking back and forth, I was finding it very difficult to breathe. 

What if someone comes inside?

Is this even my room or am I hallucinating?

What if I wasn't rescued? 

What if Elijah was not there?

All these question made the nerves inside my brain, compress in pain and fear begin to crawl its way up my throat. 

I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came out.

I was alone.

Once again.

It was all a dream.

I rubbed my fists in my eye to stop the building tears from falling and looked around but my vision was blurred with small black dots dancing around it.

I grabbed the sides of my head to stop the voice that was mocking me, telling me that no one was coming to rescue me.

Releasing a shaky breath, I got off the bed and walked towards the window which was half opened. I slid it to the left, letting it fully open, and the wind hit my face like a ton of bricks. I flinched and coughed. A slight pain was forming in the center of my chest.

I shakily threw my legs over the window frame and sat down on it, my legs dangling from the edge.

I should end this, once and for all.

No more fear.

No more pain.

I leaned a little forward and saw the familiar neighborhood but shook my head as those black dots now became larger. I was panting. My hand was, unknowingly, placed on my chest to relieve the pain but I was too focused on the thoughts inside my head.

Before I could come to a conclusion, the world around me begun to  spin and I lost my balance. I tried holding on the frame but my hand was met with air.

I shrieked but it was cut short as I felt a hand gran tightly onto my wrist. I opened my eyes, that had shut down in panic, to see Elijah half hanging off the window.