12. BELONG

I keep staring at him waiting for him to laugh or say something

I keep staring at him waiting for him to laugh or say something. Anything. Yet he remains extremely passive looking around the brightly lit garden filled with various couples.

He is acting like he just informed me of the weather. 

"I know I look handsome, bambi, but please stop staring at me." he smirks and finally looks in my eyes.

"You can't just say things like that and act like nothing happened." I huff.

"I can. You're mine." he shrugs casually.

My mouth opens and closes like a fish as I gawk at him. He closes my mouth using his pointer finger and smiles cheekily at me.

"Okay." I mumble.

"Are you doubting us, bambi?" he asks raising a brow.

"Do you really want me for that long?" I ask.

"Always, bambi. I want you always and forever." he replies in a heartbeat.

A blush creeps up my cheeks and I hide my face in his chest. His fingers thread through my hair as he softly massages my neck.

"I am tired, Nick." I sigh.

"I know. Let's get you to bed, si?" he pulls away as  I nod my head once.

After bidding goodnight to everyone including mom and dad, we make our way upstairs to my room and I immediately starting untying my hair before running a hand through them. Nick comes behind me and I look in horror, through the mirror, as he raised a hairbrush in the air to comb through my tresses. 

"NO!" I shriek.

His eyes widen and he takes a step back, "Don't." I mumble.

"Why not baby?" he asks looking at me as if I have grown two heads.

"Because I will come tomorrow to school in these curls." I grin toothily at him.

He chuckles and shakes his head in amusement, "I can't believe you. You shouted at me for that?"

"Sorry." I apologize sheepishly.

"Go change then and hurry up." he instructs and I quickly grab a black set of sleeping pyjamas before rushing to the bathroom and changing into them. It was a plain pair except a small rose flower embroidered on my left breast.

"I am done." I say after brushing my teeth.

"Good. Now how do you plan to sleep in those?" he questions pointing at my perfectly curled hair.

"I am gonna sprawl them on the pillow behind my head so they stay like that." I grin and climb on my bed before lying down carefully.

Nick scoffs with a shake of head and I stick my tongue out.