EPILOGUE

"Liza, I'm home!" I hear Nick's voice coming from the front door

"In the kitchen!" I shout and go back to stirring the homemade pasta sauce in the pan.

A minute later, his arms snake around my waist as I lean in his chest comfortably. He places a small kiss on the top of my head and hovers above the stove.

"What are you making, bambi?"

"Red sauce pasta." I tell him after turning off the stove.

He spins me around and leans down to kiss me. I instantly respond by bringing my hands up to his hair.

"I missed you." He says in between kisses.

I chuckle and pull away, "You've been gone for six hours."

"Six painfully long hours." He corrects.

I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder, "This feels good."

He hums in response and rests his head atop mine, "This feels like home."

I smile and nod my head, "Definitely."

Nick and I are in the second year of our university and everything has been great so far. We went to visit mom and dad last month before the semester started and Finn and Lily left five days ago. They had come over for a short two-day weekend trip.

We have completely adjusted to the fast-paced life here at Harvard and even though we have different schedules, we manage to squeeze a few dates every now and then.

Nick had gone for business while I chose to study arts. I had an off today but Nick had three consecutive classes hence why he was away since the morning.

"Nick, we need to do groceries."

"Of course, we do. Finn practically inhaled all our stock."

"Don't be mean." I slap his chest with the spatula in my hand.

"Ow!" he whines.

"Go and freshen up, will you?" I say and toss the boiled pasta in the sauce.

"Turn on the stove, will you?" he retorts.

I turn around and narrow my eyes at him which instantly makes him retreat out of the kitchen.

I mix the sauce and the pasta after turning on the stove and sprinkle some parsley over it. For the past twenty-four months, Nick is the one who mostly cooks food since he's been home in the morning and I only cooked on weekends but now our schedules have reshuffled and I have classes in the noon.

After about ten minutes, I set the plates on the counter and place a jug of water next to it.

I feel a tug on my sweater and my back collides with a firm chest. He buries his nose in my neck and inhales my scent.