27. A BETTER MAN

He turns around and my jaw clenches as soon as I look at the familiar face that I am not a fan of

His eyes are wide open as he openly stares at me, "You are her boyfriend?" He asks incredulously.

"Yes, I am her boyfriend."

"Didn't you already have a girl-" He pauses when realization dawn on his face.

"Is she your Eliza?"

"She's my Liza, yes." I stress out.

My eyes shift quickly to Liza who is standing there confused while watching the interaction between me and him.

"She's beautiful." Daniel remarks and my eyes snap to his.

He has a smirk on his face and I try to keep my temper in check for Liza's sake. I don't want to pick a fight in her presence.

"I know. Now get out of my face." I bite out.

"I like her." He continues to bark.

I ignore his comment and grab Liza by her elbow before turning around to go towards the cafeteria.

"I want her, Nicholas. And I will take her." He shouts and his voice echoes in the empty hallway.

I stop in my tracks to give him a piece of my mind but Liza squeezes my hand, "He's not worth it." She whispers loud enough for me to hear.

I swallow my anger and give her a sharp nod before taking another step forward but of course, the bastard had to push my buttons.

"She's a virgin, isn't she? Maybe you can share."

Liza freezes next to me and I turn around abruptly and speed walk in his direction before throwing a punch at his face.

The sound of a bone-cracking fills the air and he falls on the floor while groaning in pain. His hand covers his now broken nose and I straddle him before throwing a series of punches.

He attempts to cover his face with his arms but I was seeing red and throw punch after punch blindly, "How fuckin' dare you?!" I grit out.

My mind registers someone shouting my name in the background but I was too blinded by the rage to ponder over it.

"I shouldn't have let you off the hook so easy, you bastard." I say and jab his chest with my fist.

I raise my fist in the air again and feel fingers curling around my arm making me freeze for a minute before I turn my head to look at Liza who is crouching beside me with eyes full of tears.

"Please." She pleads.

I grit my teeth and get off of him before standing up and kicking him with my foot one last time before stepping back from his unconscious body.