What if Dream didn't know goopy boi was his brother?

Random thoughts ya know? Crack is for later.

~

"Hey Nightmare," Killer chirped out loud. "You will address me as Boss" I growled, feeling my back twitch slightly as I tensed up. "Nope! Not anymore!" "What do you mea-!" I was rudely cut off when Killer showed me Colour. I glared at Killer, giving him the wtf-are-you-doing look. "Ya know, Colour showed me how horrible you are, so I quit. HE got me back MY emotions. You offered me help when I was hopeless, and made me do all your dirty work, when all Colour did was help.me.back.up. So bye!" Killer and Colour laughed at me, skipping away happily. I thought about it, so he didn't want me? I thought I had liked him. Was I just a disappointment? I failed him, didn't I? I tried to be my best for him, and I failed again. My non-exsistent heart broke further. Soon enough, Cross, another one I loved, and Dust left too. I, I had showed them love, and all I got in return was pain. Just like how I loved my brother, and got turned into this thing.

~
Today was the day. I was finally going to eat the apples. Legend had it that anyone who ate them would die. And I was about to do just that. Yeah, I was sucidal. I really don't know why we had to protect the apples. No one would take mine, and many people could just ask Dream. I really loved him, but all he did was go out with others, help others but not me. Hell, when I started sleeping outside, curled up on a tree branch, he didn't even ask me why. Luckily, I had books to accompany me, they taught me so many things. So I ate. Pain. Lots of pain. I was happy for once, I could die! Then everything became dark. "Sleep Paralysis! Brother, where are you?" I heard Dream call my name. He gasped when he saw me, and called me a monster. It was at that moment, I snapped. I killed everyone, because I knew they would suffer more if I did not. But I was selfish, and I let Dream live.

The next time I saw him, he shouted at me and demanded to know where I was. I laughed wistfully, alive, but not for long, I had another sucide plan coming along. When Dream struck me with his arrows, I knew how I was going to die. As he left, he trembled, spitting at me "What is your name, monster? Fuck you." I replied after a flash, Nightmare.

~
This was the time. I had captured Dream. Purposely leaving his hands untied. As I approached him, (I cant beat the shit out of you if I dont) , he summoned his bow and shot at me, me doging all of them. After that I left, letting him escape. As I waited outside, Horror told me he wanted to quit, because he loved someone. Oh the things people would do for 'love'. Which I never got. That was stupid, couldnt Horror see he was being used? But I let him go anyways, I needed to be alone to die. I cried. I cried when he left. I could tell Dream was listening, before portaling away. I gathered the arrows which stung my bones and aimed it at my soul. I pushed, and I was dead, happy, finally.

I woke up a few days later, I was not dead? And my hand phased through my head. Holy shit I was a ghost. What surprised me was that I didnt see more ghosts, the balance should be messed up since I abandoned my duties as Negativity. I remember reading that ghosts need to be justified before leaving as Angel or Demon. And otherwise they stay ghost becuz neither Heaven nor Hell wants them. Probs both. Eh. I found out that ordinary objects could not hurt me so I managed to snap my bone and make a bone knife to cut. (pls ignore the logic cuz of plot convenience)

Dream's POV

As I teleported to where I was kidnapped. I turned around to see a figure curled up on a branch and sleeping. Who the fuck sleeps in the morning? Oh shit.

"Brother?"

Yeet sorry. I was getting lazy towards the end.