Chapter 16: The Next Demon King

Start from the beginning

Morgana gestured her hand down and I felt like I was being crushed into the ground.

Morgana leaned down and said, "That's better... after all, if we're going to discuss anything, first off we need to figure out exactly where we stand with one another.".

Elizabeth said, "Morgana, stop this! If you continue any further...".

Morgana's Darkness let up on us and returned to her.

Estarossa laughed and said, "I apologize for calling you a coward! You are without a doubt, "The" next in line for Demon King. The daughter of whom the current Demon King speaks of, and the younger sister whom to be looked up to by others!!".

I angrily said, "Don't give me that crap, Estarossa! Even if you accept her, I won't! I absolutely will not!! Morgana...!! The only reason you even want The Demon King's power... is so you can dispel the curse that's been placed on you and that woman, isn't it?!".

Morgana said, "That's right. That's why I came here to take the power that our father The Demon King, had lent to you. But just now, I realized... I hadn't expected it... but even if I took that strength you've borrowed, it wouldn't have the power to free this curse.".

I got up and said, "Shut up! Shut up! The one that's going to be Demon King... is me!!!".

I jumped up and slashed at Morgana but Morgana blocked it with minimal ease.

Estarossa tried to grab Elizabeth but Morgana's Darkness hit him away.

Morgana grabbed my arm and twisted it around my back.

Morgana said, "Zeldris... I know the reason why you're so obsessed with becoming The Demon King.".

I yelled, "Shut up...!!!".

Morgana leaned in and whispered, "Gelda's alive." in my ear.

She let me go and I stood in silence.

Cusack asked, "Master Zeldris... is everything alright?".

I said, "Fine. I suppose I'll help you... though I'm still not thrilled about it.".

Estarossa said, "And just what ways have the winds change blown now? Did she blackmail you or something?".

I turned to Morgana and said, "...But just as you said,, the power that I've borrowed doesn't hold a candle to our father's own. Are you planning on training until you reach the level of The Demon King.".

Morgana said, "That would take too much time. We have less than three days left.".

Morgana told us the story of how the Ten Commandments were made.

Morgana said, "Zeldris, Estarossa... I want you two to go recover all of the Commandments. With all of the Commandments recovered, I will be able to gain power on par with The Demon King.".

Estarossa asked, "Wait a second... recover the Commandments? Zel... is something like that even possible?".

I held out my hand and said, "Admonition." which made Gowther, Gloxinia, and Drole's Commandments appear.

I said, "I already collected the Commandments from the traitor Gowther... Gloxinia... and Drole.".

Estarossa excitedly said, "Seriously?! Lemme see!!".

I said, "Quicht." and the Commandments disappeared.

Estarossa said, "Hurry up and tell me how to recover them, too. What's that face for? It never hurts to have more help around, right?".

I showed Estarossa the way and chant of how to take Commandments away and how you can take the Commandments from the users.

I told Morgana that Grayroad, Melascula, and Galand are all missing.