Chapter 12: The Sins Strike Back

I Do Not Own Nanatsu No Taizai/Seven Deadly Sins all rights go to Nakaba Suzuki.

An Month Later*

Ban's POV*

None of us could muster the strength to walk up to the guy who killed the Cap'n.

He said, "Anyone who stands before me with hatred in their hearts will be afflicted by my Commandment of Love and cannot muster the strength to touch or lift a finger against me.".

I shouted, "Love? Don't even joke like that! How can you talk like that, when you killed The Captain!".

He said, "You poor things... let me save you from your suffering.".

Escanor landed on the ground and walked up to this guy.

I heard the guy ask "Why aren't you afflicted by my Commandment?".

Third Person's POV*

Escanor said, "It has no effect because I've got no reason to feel hatred towards those beneath me. All I feel towards them is pity.".

Estarossa said, "Such insolent pride.".

Escanor said, "...That's my sin. As of this moment, you're face to face with Escanor, the Lion Sin of Pride.".

Estarossa said, "Ooh! You're the human Mela was going on about. Interesting.".

Escanor leaned down to him and said,

Escanor leaned down and said, "Don't you go baring hatred towards me now. If you were to be stricken by the effects of your own Commandment then I wouldn't have the fun of fighting you.".

Estarossa smiled and said, "You're actually a pretty nice guy.".

Escanor said, "Of course I am.".

Estarossa uppercut Escanor then Estarossa punched Escanor through the little hill they were standing on.

Estarossa jumped down and kicked Escanor back up to the top of the hill and Estarossa punched him to the ground.

Escanor punched Estarossa and brought him to his knees.

Escanor stood up and asked, "What's wrong? Did you find a coin on the ground perhaps?".

Estarossa laughed as he got up and pulled his sword out of his pocket dimension and said, that the outside world is so much fun.

Escanor took a swing at me and Estarossa but Estarossa used his 'Full Counter' on Escanor.

Escanor said, "So that's why I felt a bit of pain just now. I do pack quite the punch.".

Estarossa laughed hardly and asked, "How prideful can one man be? Before I kill you, what was your name again?".

Escanor said, "Escanor. Be sure to burn it into your memory before I kill you.".

Escanor formed a 'Cruel Sun' in his hand and said, "To show you some respect for getting serious. I'll do you the same courtesy, but I promise you this, your death won't be painless one.".

There was an immense heat surrounding the area as the armor of the humans nearby was melting away.

Escanor asked, Ban if Lake Pines was west from here.

When Ban said, yes Escanor shot the 'Cruel Sun' at Estarossa and sent him flying.

Estarossa ended up over Lake Pines and looked up to see Escanor riding on a 'Cruel Sun'.

Escanor said, "Thought I told you. Your Death wasn't going to be an easy one.".

Escanor pushed the 'Cruel Sun' down at Estarossa sending him into Lake Pines.