Chapter Sixty One

Kiana's Point of View

"He only took Simon because I care about him," Clary frowned. 

I hold her hand in mine trying to calm her down. Seriously, Simon and Clary are perfect for each other always freaking the freak out. 

"Clary, we can't panic," Jace said. 

She removed her hand from mine and crossed her arms over her chest.

 "He's a psychopath. He's capable of anything," Clary said.

"If anyone knows how much of a psycho your dad is, it's definitely the three of us," I said.

"Simon is innocent, in all of this. The only reason Valentine took him captive is because I care about him," She frowned. 

Luke started to approach us after checking out the rest of the abandoned building.

"Hey. All the prisoners are either dead or gone. No sign of Cleophas," Luke said. 

Clary started to hyperventilate so Jace pulled her in for a hug.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay," Jace said. 

Out of nowhere her phone went off. She showed us that it was Simon calling.

"Answer it, Clary," Luke said. 

The four of us watch as Simon was tied up to a chair. Valentine coming into view. 

"Hello, Clarissa. Wish we were chatting under more civilized circumstances,but I'm afraid I've run out of options," Valentine said. 

 "Let Simon go," She spat. 

 "Absolutely. Just as soon as you come back to the Institute. I need you to activate the sword for me," Valentine said. 

"That is never going to happen," She replied. 

"Oh, but I think it will. Because if you don't show up within the hour," Valentine said "Your vampire boyfriend here is gonna die a death I wouldn't wish upon anyone."

Wait a minute did he just say Institute? I grab my phone out of my pocket and immediately call Alec. There was no answer so I kept trying and trying. 

"Clary," Luke sighed. 

"What are we waiting for? Let's go," She said.

"That's what Valentine wants. You know that if you touch that sword, he can destroy the entire Downworld, including Simon," Jace said. 

"No, Valentine needs an energy source. He needs lightning," Clary said.

"He's got it. Every Institute is powered by an angelic power core," Luke said. 

"Guys, Alec's not picking up. Let's move," I said. 

"Valentine is gonna wish he never laid a hand on Simon. I'll make sure of it," Clary spat. 

"I swear, if he harmed even one hair off of Alec's head I will kill the bastard," I growled. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You're not going anywhere near that Institute. We're taking you to Magnus," Luke said. "He can protect you."

"No, I don't need to be protected. I need to save Simon," Clary yelled.

"The Downworld knows that you're the key to activating that sword. They want you dead," Luke said.

"I can save Simon," I said. 

"You're not going either, if Valentine controls you again," Jace said. 

"Well that's too bad. You can't stop me from saving our best friend and the man that I love," I snapped. 

"Besides, it doesn't work that way. If I'm not the one who shows up, Valentine is gonna kill him," Clary said.

"While you all argue about this I'm going outside. It's creepy in here," I sighed. 

Before anyone could stop me I made my way outside. 

"Please Alec, please be okay," I sniffled. "I will not lose you to Valentine before we could even have our first real date." 

***

"You're insane. The vision shows the demon disintegrating after touching the blade. I am not going to let you do something so reckless Jace," I said. 

"Promise me you'll take care of Clary after I leave," Jace said. 

"Like I said, I am not letting you do it. Alec would hate me forever if he lost you," I sighed. 

"How do you think I feel about letting you come along," Jace muttered. 

I punch his shoulder. 

"There's no dying on me today got it?" I ask. 

My phone started to ring and I saw Alec's name on the screen. I immediately answered. 

"Thank the angel that you are okay," I sighed.

"We're under attack. Major casualties. Valentine used Madzie to take down the wards. She suffocated everyone," Alec said. 

 "Where's Izzy?" I asked. 

"She wasn't here," Alec replied. 

"Oh, thank the Angel. Alec, he's there to use the power core instead of lightning. He's got Simon and he's threatening to kill him if Clary doesn't come and activate the sword," I said. 

"You have to keep Clary away from that sword," Alec said.

"No way, I guess that means i shouldn't have sent her in there solo huh?" I asked sarcastically. "Don't worry. She's with Magnus. Jace, Luke and I are coming for it now."

"Just get to the power core. Shut it down. That way, no matter who touches the sword, it won't turn on," Alec said. 

"Copy that," I said. "Alec please be careful. If anything were to happen to you too I couldn't take it."

"I love -" 

"ALEC!" I screamed. "WHOEVER IS HURTING MY MAN BETTER RUN. ONCE I AM IN THERE I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR SHOULDERS."