Chapter Thirteen

Kiana Fray

I was currently in the training room with Alec. After the vampire fiasco I wanted to just solely be around Alec. He made me feel better and for some reason I feel really connected to him. Older sibling connection possibly. I'm older than Clary by a year and he's older than Isabelle.

"You're not concentrating hard enough on training. Are you sure you want to do this it's only been a few hours," Alec said. "You should get some rest."

I begin to walk away from Alec and shake my head.

"If you won't help me train I'll find someone who will," I snap.

Alec appeared in front of me and pulls me in for a hug.

"That isn't what I meant, I'd love to train you but I need you to be mentally and physically prepared," Alec said.

I wrap my arms around him tighter and sigh.

"And I'm ready, we have no time to waste Alec," I frown.

"Okay, I understand, what can we do," Alec said.

"I said I'm fine Alec. Just teach me how to shoot this bloody thing," I groaned.

"Someone's feeling cozy."

Alec and I break apart to see Hodge smirking at us before walking away.

"That was awkward. Well let's start," I said.

Alec sent me a small smile. He then stood behind me and held my small hands in his. Together we pulled the bow and arrow up. His torso was against my back. His mouth near my ear. I could smell the peppermint radiate off of him.

"Remember you and your weapon are one. Your weapon becomes a part of you. Your weapon and you are connected," Alec whispered.

Together we pulled the arrow back. I felt it against my lip and I felt Alec's hot breaths against my cheek. We let the arrow go and it hit the center target. A smile crept onto my face.

"That was pretty good," Alec said.

"Do it without looking," I asked.

"Is that a challenge,". Alec asked.

"I believe so Lightwood," I smirk.

Alec locked eyes with me as he lifted the bow and arrow. He pulled string back and before I knew it he hit the target.

"Wow," I smiled.

"I know," Alec chuckled. "Try by yourself."

"Think I can hit that apple in that pigs mouth over there," I asked.

"No," Alec said.

"Wait and See," I smirked.

"If you shoot the apple. I'll take you into the advanced training room," Alec said.

"Do you promise," I asked.

"I promise," Alec said.

Alec stepped to the side. I lifted the bow and arrow. Your weapon and you become one. I kept my focus on the apple. I pulled the string back and let it fly. The apple was now attached to the wall.