Chapter Forty Nine

Kiana Branwell 

Kiana Branwell 

Every time I close my eyes I saw what he made me become. Who he almost made me kill. He changed me in ways that will haunt me forever. I could've killed Simon and Isabelle tonight. It was Alec who somewhat triggered the old me back but it wasn't enough. Valentine had a hold on me and my emotions. Everyone I love was in that room and he took off with one of them.I can only imagine what he was putting Jace through. Over my time on the ship he induced me with some type of drug that caused great hallucinations of Alec needing my help. Then they'd turn into Valentine and I'd kill him but I was really killing a reject soldier of his. His power on the ring was dangerous itself but it was the mind games that got to me. It wasn't the relentless beating I'd receive from his more advanced and mutated soldiers. It was the fact that Alec was hurt some how and I'd fail him.

"Kiana."

I turn around and see my mother and Luke. The two rush towards me and hug me. I wrap my arms around the two pushing away everything I was thinking of.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Jocelyn said.

Her warm and pink lips met my temple as she held me tighter.

"Told you she would be in here," Clary sighed.

Luke's eyes met mine as he held my hand in his.

"None of this is your fault," Luke said. "You must understand that. You're not evil."

"How do you know," I sniffle.

"Because Kay, you're the strongest girl I've ever known," Luke whispered. "You've been bitten by werewolves and kicked demon asses for the greater good of the people."

I pull my father figure in for a tight hug when I hear heels making their way to us. I look up to see Lydia. I kiss Luke's cheek before pulling out of the hug with him and run and hug my older sister.

"You're okay," I sniffle.

"And so are you," Lydia grinned.

She pulls me in tighter for a sisterly hug and the two of us begin crying on one another's shoulders. Alec and Isabelle soon enough joins us followed by Clary and Simon.

"We're not blaming you," Alec said. "You weren't yourself."

"I could've hurt you all," I warn. "Why're you all being so nice?"

"Because it wasn't you," Alec said.

"I've missed you," I cry out.

I rush into his arms and hug him as tight as I could making sure he was real. Making sure he was alive.

"Don't worry I'll always be here," Alec smiled.

"You don't understand Alec," I sniffle. "He messed with my mind and you were the only thing keeping me sane."

Alec's eyes met mine and I pull his head down as our lips meet one another's. I pull away and sniffle.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Alexander Lightwood."