Chapter Fifteen

Kiana Fray

One second I was holding hands with Alec and then the next I wasn't. I was surrounded by Warlocks. Magnus Bane dusted his hands off as if he were dusting dirt from them.

"Where are we and where's my sister and Alec," I ask.

Magnus looks at me.

"Don't worry biscuit you're safe here with me," Magnus said.

"Magnus, why did you take me here," I ask.

"To protect you," Magnus replied. "You're too important not to protect."

Before I could reply Magnus held onto my hand. He looked very worried.

"Take her and hide please. The Circle has broken into my wards, I need to protect them," Magnus said.

He ran off ready for battle. I hold onto the little girls hand as we make her way to her father.

"Dad," she said.

"It's okay sweat pea, go with her I am going to help Magnus get the wards back up okay," He said.

Before she even had the chance to argue he ran off after Magnus. She was shaking with fear.

"Listen it's going to be okay," I said. "I'll keep you safe."

I wiped her tears away and took her to a hiding spot.

"I need you to stay here okay, I am going to help them keep everyone safe," I said.

She sent me a quick nod and I made sure it would be damn near impossible for anyone but me to find her. I pull my seraph blade out and make my way further into the warehouse. I spot one of Valentine's men chasing after a Warlock. I make my way towards them and kill the Circle member with a stab to the chest.

"Quickly, go and find the others," I whisper.

I heard a scuffle going on behind me and I run towards another Circle member. I could see a familiar face on the ground holding onto his stomach, blood coming through his shirt. I saw the little girl running towards him.

"Daddy. Daddy please get up," she begged.

I saw the Circle member creeping up behind her with his weapon drawn. I run towards him and kill him. I pull the little girl with me into the home Magnus had made for them. I pushed her with the other warlocks and helped Magnus fight off the rest of the Circle members.

••

Alec Lightwood

We all held our weapons in our hands as we walk towards an unfamiliar warehouse.

"Magnus's lair is right behind that fence," Jace said.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse," Clary asked sarcastically. "Doesn't scream Magnus to me."

"Not exactly. It's a Warlock glamour," I said. "Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close."

"Not another demon attack," Clary said.

"Not demons. His wards," Jace said.

I notice a familiar blonde run through the Warehouse. Kiana.

"She's in there," I said.

Before I could get up and run into the warehouse, Jace stops me.

"There are Circle members surrounding the place," he said.

"I'm not losing her again," I said.

I push Jace off of me and run into the warehouse bow and arrow ready for a fight. I follow behind Kiana and enter the room. I watched as she killed a Circle member and as another crept up behind her. I raise my bow and arrow and kill him before he could harm her. She turns around and sends me a big smile.

"Alec," she said as she ran towards me

Kiana wraps her arms around me and I couldn't help but smile.

"Don't disappear on me like that again," I whisper

"It's not like I intended to but I am happy it happened or a lot of good people would be dead," she said.

She looks me in the eyes and I can't help but admire her. I pull her in for a kiss and sparks fly as our lips touch one another. We pull away from each other and smile.

"Finally," Isabelle said.

"Shut up Izzy," I said.

Kiana and I pull away from each other and gather our weapons.