Chapter Seven

Kiana Fray

Simon, Clary and I all huddled up as Simon put his coat on.

"Let's get out of here just us three, we can get Dot ourselves," Simon said.

"Lewis, there's demons out there," I sigh. "Ugly looking things that want to kill us. Do you know how to kill a demon?"

"And we have you," Simon said.

"What can I do," I huff.

"You kick ass," Simon smiled.

"Not this time Lewis," I frown.

"I'm an internet search away," Simon whispered.

"Simon I don't think it's that simple," Clary signed.

"I bet you it's not that hard," Simon said.

Isabelle walked by us to enter a weapons vault. The door automatically opened and Isabelle began to touch a sword. Jace came pushing past us and slapped Isabelle's hand.

"Woah," Simon gasped.

"No, Izzy," Jace said.

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve of this mission," Isabelle said.

"I'm on Isabelle's side of the bet," I said.

"I don't approve this mission," Alec said, joining us. "I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine but they made it clear the little girl and Kiana don't leave the premises."

"Hey. My name is not little girl. Okay," Clary snapped.

"Shots fired," I chuckle.

"I don't care what the Clave thing or what you want. We're going to find Dot," Clary said.

"Alec, this Warlock could have the answers we need," Jace said softly. "With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary and Kiana, they're not safe outside alone."

"Jace has a point," Isabelle said.

"Et tu, Izzy," Alec asked.

"You'll have to put me in chains if you expect me to stay put. I put up a real fight and always win. Don't test me Alec, I'm going with or without you," I said.

"All right, since you have all the answers. Where do you suggest we search," Alec asked.

I raise an eyebrow and step closer to Alec to get in his face. His eyes flicker to my lips.

"Shouldn't have pissed her off man," Simon sighed.

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint, and there's this thrift store," Clary and I say in unison fumbling with the items mom gave us.

I watched as a nervous Dot ran into Club Pandemonium panting deeply.

"What's wrong what is it," Alec and Jace ask.

"Did you," Clary and I say in unison. "We saw Dot. We may know where she is."

"Where," The boys ask.

"The place this all started, Pandemonium," I answer.

"To Pandemonium we go," Simon said.

"Oh Lewis," I sigh.

I notice Alec and I were still close to one another so we both take a step back and turn our backs on one another.