✨ Chapter 22: Life is good

Start from the beginning

Kadence scrunched her face up in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

"Like does Cash ever talk to you about me?"

"Cash and I aren't exactly close."

Deja frowned, "Yeah but you and Sienna are always with each other I'm sure you see him and Sire a lot." 

"Nope not as much as you'd think but I really need your ad~"

"You're hanging with Sienna today right?"

"Uh yeah." Kadence nodded.

"Well maybe you could find a way to talk to him today."

"I'm sure Cash won't be around today."

"Well maybe Sienna could convince Sire to invite Cash over she could probably even do it herself. I'm sure the two of them are close too." Deja rambled.

"D I don't~"

"Please just do this one thing" she pleaded, " I really just need to know that we're good."

"Fine, I'll see what I can do," Kadence gave in, "I'm going to go make a phone call."

"Mmhmm." said Deja, her attention back on her phone.

Shaking her head, Kadence quickly left the room for a bit of privacy as she dialed the number that would change her life forever; She was nervous and excited all at the same time but hoped for the best.

"I was wondering when I would hear from you" Crystal answered the phone immediately, easing Kadence's nerves.

"Hey Crystal how have you been?"

"I've been great but I should be asking you how you've been."

"I'm good, I'm sorry for going M.I.A on you."

"You're good Kadence, I've been busy too so no hard feelings" Crystal said, "But what can I help you with?"

"Well I was actually calling to see if that offer was still on the table but I understand completely if it's not."

Crystal chuckled, "Of course it's still on the table Kadence I was just waiting for you to come to your senses."

Kadence sighed a breath of relief, "Okay so now that I've accepted what do I do now?"

"You come in tomorrow morning around ten and sign some paperwork, bring a lawyer if you want to have a second pair of eyes for the contract and I'll start looking for job opportunities asap."

Charles immediately popped into Kadence's head as he had more than a few friends in the legal field who could help her out, but it had been days since their catastrophic family dinner and Kadence wasn't completely sure she wanted to be the one to reach out.

"Kadence."

"Oh yeah sorry I'll be there tomorrow with or without a lawyer, I was really good in my law class in high school and I know reading is fundamental."

"Sounds good to me, I will see you tomorrow." said Crystal.

"Tomorrow."

Kadence leaned up against the wall with a mile wide smile on her face. She was extremely proud of the moves she had been making for herself in both her business and her personal life.

It was crazy to think that at the beginning of the summer she was still a dance instructor with no real plan but to keep doing what she loved until it was her time. Months later, she had two real gigs under her belt and a manager who seemed to want just as much for her as she wanted for herself. Not to mention the fact that she was in a relationship, something she had never cared about being in before she met Sabian but was now happier than she had ever been just because of him.