Chapter twenty three

My relationship with Virgil has been going pretty good. Some people have been talking behind our back and rumors are going around, but people will always talk. Right?

But i shouldn't care, im together with Virgil and i'm happier than ever. It feels like i'm never going to get tired of him, no matter how much time we spend together. I'm still spending time with Daisy and Tori of course, But instead of only hanging out with them im spending time with Virgil as well. I do feel a bit bad tho, but when i talk to them about it they just tell me that it's okay. They are seriously the best friends ever, i'm so lucky to have them.

-

"Hey." Virgil says and puts an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey." I say and look up at him smiling.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Well, my classes are done for the day so not really anything." I say.

"Why don't you hang out with me then?" He asks.

"I can't say no to that." I say with a smile.

As we are walking down the corridors i hear a few whispers around us. In the start is doesn't bother me a lot, but them i begin to hear what they are talking about.

"She... Money...."

"Really..."

I can only hear a few of the words, and i know i shouldn't try and piece it together since it could just be a misunderstanding. But i'm still so scared they are talking about me.

"...Parents...Against."

"Manipulate... him."

Its like if the whispers are becoming louder and louder. They keep going around in my head until i hear one word clearly.

"Mudblood."

-

Over time the whispering continues, and i don't think Virgil has noticed it. I'm not doing anything about it, i think im just waiting for it to stop, but i don't know how long i can continue doing that. I feel like i'm going to explode at some point, i just want them to shut up and let us be. I feel so mean and i don't like it, but i have to do something. Right?

"Earth to Maya." Tori says and waves a hand in front of me. Were sitting outside enjoying the weather, but as usual i spaced out.

"Oh, sorry." I say.

"What were you thinking about?" Daisy asks. "You looked so serious."

"Nothing important." I say not wanting to bother them with my problem, i can figure it out without bringing them into it. I don't want them to get in trouble or hurt.

"Then it's definitely something important. Come on just tell us, we want to help." Tori says.

"Uhm, have you guys noticed all the people whispering about me and Virgil, or is it just when i'm with him?" I ask.

"Oh, no i haven't heard any whispers." Daisy says.

"Me neither." Tori says.

"It's just making me so nervous, i don't know exactly what they are whispering about, but it's definitely not something positive." I say and begin to fiddle with my hands.

"Who's whispering about you? Tell me so i can go and teach them a lesson." Tori says and Daisy keeps her down so she doesn't stand up.

"No no, it fine." I say.

"No its not, i don't want anyone talking behind your back!" Tori says.

"Whos talking behind your back?" A familiar voice from behind me says, i turn around to see Virgil standing now in front of me. "And why haven't you told me." He says.

"Oh, uhm i-" But before i get to finish my sentence Tori cuts me off.

"People are talking behind the two of yours back, we don't know what but its not positive." She says. in a way i didn't want her to tell him, but i'm also happy i didn't have to. I know i would just struggle to get it all said, i don't want him to get hurt either.

I look back over and Tori and she gives me a serious yet apologetic look. I send her a small smile to let her know that it was okay she said it, i don't want her to feel bad for wanting to help.

"Fuck, why didn't you say anything?" Virgil says and i look back up at him.

"I'm sorry, i didn't want you to get hurt." i say quietly.

"Why would i get hurt." He says a bit more softly and sits down in front of me.

"I don't know, i just- I don't know what they are talking about, and what if it's something really hurtful. I thought i could mabey fix it myself." I say feeling vulnerable.

"But you don't have to fix it yourself, next time something happen i want you to tell me." He says and puts a stand of hair behind my ear.

"Okay." I say.

"Promise?" He asks.

"Promise." I say and smile.

"Get a room." Tori says and we both laugh for a bit.

"Come on Tori, they are so adorable we shouldn't interrupt them." Daisy says in a teasing tone. I can feel a my face turning slightly red so i lean into Virgil to hide my face.

"Okay i agree, they are adorable." Tori says and laughs.

"Stop." I mumble into Virgil's chest and i can both feel and hear him laughing. i look up at Virgil again and smile.

"Hey guys, whats up?" Lucas who came from out of nowhere says.

"Oh, hey Lucas." Virgil says. "Were just talking."

"Who are you two?" Lucas asks looking over at Tori and Daisy.

"Im Tori and this is Daisy." Tori says and points at Daisy.

"Nice to meet you." Daisy says and smiles.

"You too, i guess." Lucas says awkwardly.

"Come on Lucas, sit down with us." Virgil says and pats the ground beside him. Lucas sits down and makes himself as comfortable as you can be when sitting on the ground. I turn around so i'm sitting between Virgil's legs, and so i can look around at everyone.

Even tho Lucas just meet Tori and Daisy, i get this feeling that the five of us could be great friends. 

_

Words: 1030

I dont know why but i feel really nervous about this chapter. I hope its a okay chapter, and if not then i promise to try and do better next time :)

Thank you all for reading!