Chapter fifthteen

The locked door to the classroom unlocks and a teacher walks in.

"Your free to leave now, you can put your papers on the desk." The teacher says sounding tired. I look down at my paper which i forgot everything about and back up at Virgil.

"Dont worry about it, no one does it anyways and i'm sure your doodles will be appreciated." Virgil says and takes my paper and puts it together with his. "Now come on." He says and stands up.

We walk up to the desk and Virgil put our papers on the desk, for every empty paper that get put on the table the teacher looks more and more dead inside.

As we walk out i try to keep close to Virgil and not get too close to August, i don't want anymore drama. What's up with me getting into drama for the time?

"So are you going home for christmas?" I ask breaking the silence between us.

"No i'm staying here." Virgil says with no emotion in his voice.

"Oh, well now i kind of wish i was going to stay here so you won't be too alone. Are anyone else you know staying here?" I ask.

"Yeah Lucas is so it's going to be fine." He says and his voice sounds a bit more calm again.

"Well i hope your christmas will be nice here." I say hoping i haven't ruined his happy mood.

"Thanks." He says and a small smile appears on his face.

_

"I cant believe were already going home for christmas tomorrow." Daisy says as we eat our dinner.

"I know right, this year is going by so fast." I say.

"Should we give each other our gifts tonight or tomorrow?" Tori asks.

"I think tonight is fine, then where sure we have time to open them in front of each other." Daisy says.

"I agree." I say.

"Okay then it's settled." Tori says and smiles.

_

"So who want to start opening their presents?" I ask as we sit in the dining hall alone. We just gave each other our christmas presents and now we just need to open them.

"I can starts." Daisy says and me and Tori noods. "I'm going to start with yours Maya." She says as she starts removing the wrapping paper. "Aweee you got me the necklace i wanted, thank you so much." She says and looks up at me with a big bright smile.

We all open our presents and sit and talk for a bit. Daisy got the necklace and a book she wanted. Tori got a new bag and a big fluffy blanket, And i got a new eyeshadow palette and a new sketchbook.

As it gets late we make our way back to our common rooms and all go to bed. Me and Daisy talk a bit more about how were excited to go back for christmas before going to bed, but i can't stop thinking about how Virgil isnt going home. I have to remember to say goodbye to him tomorrow, not that it's going to be hard to remember since he's on my mind all the time.

I feel my eyelids getting heavy and i fall asleep.

_

"I'm going to miss you guys so much!" Daisy says and is almost looking sad that we have to go home today.

"It's not going to be thats long, were going to be back here with each other before you know it." Tori says trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah i know, but i still wish we didn't have to say goodbye." Daisy says.

"We still have time before we need to leave for the train." I say and give her a smile.

"Yeah your right." She says and her smile reapers.

Were making our way down to the great hall to get breakfast, i have butterflies in my stomach because i'm excited to see my family again and for the christmas food. As we enter the great hall everyone is chatting excitedly about christmas and the smell of delicious breakfast hits us. We always get extra delicious food right before we're going home. We sit down and eat our food, but i can't help but look for Virgil. I can't see him anywhere and it makes me a bit worried, maybe i just can't see him because someone is in the way but still. I just really hope he's okay, i know he's staying here for christmas but i don't know why or what he really thinks of it. Maybe i should send him a letter or something christmas morning to wish him merry christmas? Yeah i think i'm going to do that.

_

"Have you seen Virgil?" I ask Lucas, i saw him standing in the halls and i thought he might know where he is.

"Why?" He asks.

"Oh i just wanted to say goodbye before leaving." I say and blush since i don't know how much Virgil has told Lucas.

"I don't know where loverboy is, but i know he wants to say goodbye to you too." He says and gives me a flick on my forehead.

"Ouch, and uh- thanks." I say as i blush, i turn away quickly and walk away.

"You match your hair when you blush." Lucas shouts after me with a laugh.

"Shut up." I shout back without looking back at him so he cant see my red face.

_

"Oh there you are, i was looking for you." I say when i finally find Virgil.

"I was looking for you too." He says with a smile and i hear two small awes from behind, clearly Tori and Daisy are spying on us.

"Oh shut up you two."I say as i turn around and flip them off, they Laugh and run away. "Sorry about them." I say and laugh.

"No problem." He says.

"So uh- i just wanted to say goodbye before i leave." I say feeling shy all of a sudden, what am i even supposed to do now? I really didn't think this through enough.

"Yeah goodbye, i'll see you soon i guess." Virgil says clearly feeling just as awkward as me. "So um bye." He says and does an awkward wave.

"Yeah bye." I say and we walk away from each other, but i get this weird feeling in my stomach and stop up. I quickly turn around to see Virgil walking away.

"Virgil!" I say out loud without thinking.

"Yeah." He says and turns around, but before he realises what's happening i have already reached him and put my arms around him in a hug.

"Oh." He says out of surprise, but then i feel his arms around me as well. I feel his breath on top of my head and i can feel his heart beating a bit faster than normal. His body is warm and it makes me never want to let go again, sadly i know i have to.

I mumble a "Goodbye." Into his chest before letting go.

"Goodbye." He says and puts a strand of hair behind my ear making me blush. I'm going to die from a heat stroke if people keep making me blush.

I look into his green eyes one last time before we split up and i make my way back to my friends.

I get on the train, and when we arrive at Station 9 ¾ i say goodbye to Tori, Daisy and Marcus as well before leaving with my Family.

_

(Extra: the letter she writes for Virgil.)

Dear Virgil

I don't know if this is weird, but i thought i would write you a letter since you're staying at hogwarts this christmas. I hope your enjoying your christmas and that your getting some good presents and food of course. I'm excited to go back to school so we can hang out again. (Just no more detention please cause that was no fun, well you were there to entertain me so it was okay.) Anyways greet Lucas from me and tell him that i do not match my hair, thanks.

I wish you a merry christmas.

From Maya.

_

Words: 1365

I had to rewrite this chapter beacause the first one turned out really bad lmao

I hope this one is okay