Chapter twelve

"Meet me in the library after curfew." I hear Virgil's voice play over and over in my head again as i make my way to the library. I sneak my way down the corridors as quietly as i can, he is going to be such a bad influence on me. Before i meet him i would never do anything like this, or be brave enough for it either.

"Hey Maya over here." Lucas whispers as i enter the library. Him Virgil and some other students are standing behind one of the bookshelves waiting on everyone whos going to join them. I walk over to them and smile, its mostly directed at Virgil tho. We wait a bit more for the rest to join before were ready to go. This time were a bit less people than last time, just thinking of last time gives me butterflies in my stomach.

The group begins walking through the library to get to the forbidden section. I have never been there before so it's kinda exciting but also scary.

We make it through the library and as we walk into the forbidden section i start walking closer to Virgil without really noticing myself. Only when our hand brush against each other do i know how close i am to him and i take a step away. To my surprise do i feel his hand brush against mine once again, and when it happens more than once i realise that its not by accident. My face heats up and i blush slightly. I steal a look at Virgil who is looking slightly away, but he is still walking closely to me. My heart becomes light as we walk together into the forbidden section, it feels like it could just fly away.

"Virgil come look at this!" Lucas says as he stands close to a bookshelf. Virgil hesitates for a second before he makes his way to him, his hand leaves mine and a lonely feeling washes over me. I want him close to me again, but i don't want to be clingy. I look back at Virgil before walking to another bookshelf, a sign is attached to the shelf and it says "Hexes." I take out a book and open to a random page to see why the books here are forbidden. I read as another person stands beside me, i look up to see a gryffindor standing beside me. I think i have seen him before, oh right he's on the quidditch team. I take a closer look at his face, he has a strong jawline and a nose that looks like it has been broken before. His eyebrow is spit and i'm not sure if its meant to be or if he got in a fight.

"Hey, your Maya right?" He asks with a book in his hand and a cocky smile.

"Yeah and you are, um sorry i don't know your name." I say feeling kind of shy.

"Im August." He says and takes his hand forward for me to shake, so i do. His grip is strong but it doesn't hurt me.

"Well then, hello August." I say feeling a bit more confident.

"I didn't know a hufflepuff could break rules." He says and for some reason is pisses me off a bit.

"Well i'm here arent i." I say and i comes out a bit more sassy than i would like it to.

"Wow okay, i didn't mean it like that you know." He says.

"Yeah i know, i'm sorry." I say feeling small.

"Anyways change of topic, your Toris friend right?" He says.

"Yeah i am, why?" I ask.

"Well i have classes with her so now the two of us already have something in common, lets just call it's a start of a friendship." He says and smirks like if he just won in a game of chess, but i feel like he's moving too fast i only know his name. Maybe i should just go with it, who knows maybe we really will be friends.

"Yeah lets just call it that." I say but immediately get a bad feeling in my stomach, well there's no going back now.

"Great, now come on lets go over to my friends so i can introduce you." He says and gestures me to follow him.

"I uh... Okay." I say feeling nervous."

"Come on there nothing to be nervous about, trust me." he says but i don't really know about that. I do anyways and go with him since i don't want to end up getting lost from the others who have already moved on from where we were before.

"Guys this is Maya." August says and we walk over to a group of gryffindors. They nod at me and say "Hello", i just nod back at them. August starts a conversation with them but i'm not really listening. The group of gryffindors split up again and i follow August again. We walk around the library talking about meaningless stuff when the conversation suddenly becomes about Virgil.

"Virgil invited you here right, how do you know him?" He asks and it takes me off guard.

"Oh um, were friends." I say and fiddle with my hands.

"Just friends or?" He says and stops walking.

"Uhm... yeah i guess." I say not really knowing how to respond. I do want something more with him but i don't know exactly is he does the same with me. Maybe he's just playing with me? Maybe he's doing all of this to see how long he can take it before i break, maybe it's all a game to him.

"So you wouldn't mind if i do this then." He says and his hand tries to grab mine to hold, but before he can i pull my hand away. Why did he do that? I don't want to hold his hand, i want to hold Virgils, but he doesn't know that of course.

"What did you do that for." He says. "You said that your just friends." He says and his tone becomes harsh.

"That doesn't mean i want to hold your hand, also we just meet not that it makes a difference." I say as my voice becomes small.

"Come on you can't be serious, you definitely like me." He says and takes a step closer to me. "I have seen how you look at me." I take a step back and out of nowhere two arm from behind grab me.

_

Words: 1088

Ohhhhhh i wonder who it could be... you all know already lmao

Anyways thank you all so much for reading this it means a lot.