Chapter nine

The days get colder, and so does Samantha's eyes everytime she sees me trying to talk to Virgil. She's kind of scary so i try to avoid her, but thats hard when she's around Virgil all the time. Virgil doesn't seem too happy when she's around tho.

I sit there at the hufflepuff table lost in my own thoughts when Daisy aproces me.

"Come on we have our last class of the day." She says and puts her hand forward for me to take.

-

We have herbology class which is one of my favorites. I always likes plants and when i got to hogwarts and learned about the magical ones i almost couldn't believe my own eyes and ears.

We have herbology with the ravenclaws, and it's always fun cause a lot of the time were the once helping them. Not that they need a lot of help, it's just that they always help us with homework, and it's nice to give back.

Class ends and we all walk back to Hogwarts. It's getting closer to winter, so the short walk back to school is already getting pretty cold. We get inside and people split up to go wherever they need to go. I end up walking down the corridor to get to the library alone. Or well im alone for some time until i hear someone call my name from behind. I look around and my eyes meet Samantha's cold eyes. I'm honestly surprised she even knows my name, and i don't know if its a good thing or not that she does.

I stop and she walks over to me in record time, but stops a bit before getting too close to me.

"I want you to stay away like Virgil!" She says harshly.

"I'm sorry, what." I say and my voice is slightly shaky.

"You heard what i said, stay away from Virgil." She says a bit more calmly but cold.

"Yeah sorry i know, but why?" I ask wanting to know exactly why.

"Doesn't matter." She simply says.

"Well i kind of does since he's my friend." I say feeling a bit more confident.

"Okay i will explain then, Virgil is from a high class pureblood family and your nothing but a low class mudblood." She says and pushes me backwards.

"Shouldn't it be Virgil's choice if he want to be my friend or not?" I ask as confidently as i can, with a tear in my eye.

"Don't you get it, he doesn't like being around you! Your always in the way, you are no good, you make him look low class when you around him and you are really annoying."

I don't say anything, i just look down trying to get myself together before anything else happens.

"You're probably just around him to get a higher status." She says and pushes me again. "Too scared to say anything, huh." She says and i don't say anything.

"Answer me you bitch." She yells and slaps me. I put my hand to your face and look her in the eyes. She looks away and walks back from where she came.

_

I have a small bruise from where she hit me. Tori and Daisy have been asking me where its from, but i haven't told then since i don't want what happened with Hugo to happen again. Instead i just told them i dropped a book on my face, by trying to read it while laying on my back.

It's been a day since it happened, and i haven't seen Virgil or Samanth at all. It's probably just because we haven't had classes together yet. I do think a lot about what Samantha saith tho, and if it could be true. Maybe he actually does hate me? But if he does then why would he invite me to staying up past curfew, and why didn't he just let snape find me? It's all really confusing right now.