Chapter eighteen

Selena March

I walked into Gracia Plena with a cup of coffee and a cupcake. It was not satisfying but I had to eat it or die of hunger.
Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration.

Asriel was the one who gave me what to do and when to do it, so since he wasn't around I did not see the point of sticking around the office.

I went straight to Ataliah's office to tell her about Asaiah and Asriel's absence.

I stood by the door to quickly finish up my coffee and tossed the disposable cup in the bin next to the door before barging in an announced.

Friends do that right?

My jaw literally dropped when my eyes landed on a heated make out session between Ataliah and Ricardo. They couldn't keep their hands off each other.

Poor table. Poor office. For heaven's sake it is only seven fifty in the morning.

I stayed in the same place for almost thirty seconds before I coughed and Ataliah finally noticed me and roughly pushed Ricardo off her. Ricardo gave her a look full of confusion before turning around and also noticing me.

He combed his now messy hair with his fingers and pocketed his hands.

"Morning miss March." He greeted me. Unlike Ricardo's calm demeanor, Ataliah was blushing like an idiot, her cheeks red and her eyes looking at everything but me and Ricardo. She seemed very nervous, like a kid caught stealing candy.

"Morning Ricardo, morning Ataliah. Sorry, I'll be going now." I said as I slowly walked backwards towards the door.

"No, do not go." Ataliah said finally looking at me.

"Ricardo was just about to leave, right Ricardo?" She added while shooting a glare in Ricardo's direction. He didn't seem fazed and just gave her a blank look

"I was?" He asked her with fake confusion. Ataliah rolled her eyes at him and crossed her arms in annoyance.

"Yes you were." She said. Ricardo shrugged and walked to her chair and sat down. I watched in amusement as he put both his legs on her table and crossed his arms behind his head.

"Not anymore. We are not done yet." He said with a smug smile.

Clearly.

Ataliah sighed in 'defeat' and turned to look at me. She obviously didn't want him to leave, if she did she would have put up a fight.

"I am sorry, is it important?" She asked me. I shook my head to say no and shot a glance at Ricardo before answering her. He had busied himself with his phone. I saw a flash blink on his back camera and knew at once that he was talking pictures of us, well mostly Ataliah.

"Asaiah asked me to inform you that he and Asriel will be late for work today. They'll be here by noon." I said. Ataliah seemed surprised.

"How come? Is Asriel okay, he would never miss a day at the office let alone be late for it."

I wished I knew if Asriel was okay but I didn't and it was annoying for some unknown reason.

"I don't know if Asriel is okay, I was only told to tell you that." Ataliah cursed under her breath before sighing softly.

"Thanks Selena." She said and I nodded. Just as I was closing the door I heard Ricardo's silly remark.

"Mi corazòn, tienes un muy buen trasero."* He said facetiously.

"Ricardo!" Ataliah said sounding embarrassed. I wonder what he said.

I left Gracia plena and called a taxi to take me back to Asriel's House. I tipped the taxi driver and got out.