Chapter Seventeen

Selena March

The ride to Darral's house was silent from then on. I had so many questions to ask Asaiah but my nerves were uneasy for some unknown reason. The fact that he kept giving me wierd looks through out the trip was not helping at all.

I stopped right in front of Darral's house and felt my heart beat increase for some unknown reason and not in a good way.

"How do you know where Darral lives?" Asaiah asked me. I froze for a second but quickly recovered even though I had no proper explanation.

"Wild guess. Where's Asriel?" I said instead. Yes it was lame but I had to say something. Asaiah was a smart man and he studied law. Investigations and inquisitiveness was a second nature to him.

I knew he chose to let it slide when he looked out the window and frowned.

"Asriel is not here. " He said. And neither was Darral. I remembered him asking to meet me at a café or someplace to talk but I declined the invitation.

So Darral was at work or at the café. A red mitsubishi pulled up and parked right next to us and three men stepped out. Asaiah seemed to know them and also stepped out of the car.

"David," Asaiah said in greeting with a nod to the blond haired man. The man nodded in response.

"Asaiah. Where is Asriel?" He asked patiently. I also stepped out of the car, following Asaiah. I guessed that they were the help Emmanuel was referring to.

"No idea. I know for sure that he wants Darral but I wish I knew why." Asaiah explained. David nodded.

"Darral is not at the police station either. Emmanuel sent Oliver to check." Asaiah was quiet for some time as if in thought. So he was at the café.

"Tell Emmanuel to call if Asriel shows up at his place." Asaiah told David as he walked, actually limped to the car.

"You told Emmanuel that no one was hurt. " David spat at Asaiah.

"I did not lie. I am fine." He answered without looking back. I thought he would get in the car but instead he stopped right in front of it and stared at me.

"What?" I asked him curiously. He shook his head and continued down the path without a word. The men had gone back in their car and drove off.

"Asaiah, where are you going. We have to find Asriel." I said as I walked beside him.

"No we do not. He is fine. " He said still walking. I was confused, one minute he was worried about his brother and the next he was acting like he didn't have a care in the world about him.

"Asaiah, what's going on?" I asked him. He had on a facial that just showed that he was thinking hard about something.

"Selena, I need you to go to the office and work with Ataliah. Do not tell her about Asriel's behaviour. Just tell her that we will be there at noon." He said waving me off.

"No Asaiah, I want to know what is going on." I said crossing my arms. He sighed before facing me.

"Miss March, I will have you know that I also want to know a lot of things right now and you have a job to do." He said while glaring at me.

Oh so we are going formal huh?

"Well sir, I am afraid that you are not the boss of me. My boss is currently missing and I am worried about him." I answered.

"Actually I am your boss. Ataliah and I are incharge of the employees, not Asriel. Why do you think you were brought to her office for interviews and not Asriel's?" I fell silent and he smiled Victoriously.