Chapter 12

It was new year eve and the Yoon family hosted a big party. There were a lot of people, as expected. Jinyoung was getting ready. The male didn't want to go. He wasn't in the mood to attend parties but he had to because Hyunsuk's parents were going to be there. No one knew about their relationship. Another reason was that his friends were coming. Jinyoung didn't want to be alone so he asked Hyunsuk if they could come and he surprisingly said yes. Jinyoung wore a black shirt, black pants and a black tuxedo. He then wore his black classic shoes(all black).

Just as he was done with his makeup, there was a knock on his door. "Come in." He said and when the door open, Jinyoung felt his heart skip a beat. There stood Hyunsuk, in a beautiful black suit. "Are you ready?" Hyunsuk asked, snapping(I know I know, I don't I don't snapping ouh snapping snapping)Jinyoung out of his thoughts. "O-oh yes." "Let's go. My parents are asking for you." Hyunsuk said. "Okay. You can go ahead. I'll be there in a second." Jinyoung said looking for something on the dressing table. Hyunsuk nodded and went downstairs. After a few minutes of messing up around, Jinyoung finally found what he'd been looking for.

It was a golden chain with his name written on it.(ik it's a bit girly but who cares) His mother gave it to him when he was only 12 years old. It was the only thing that reminded Jinyoung of his mother. After she died, his father removed all her pictures or anything related to her. The boy looked at it as he felt tears prickling his eyes. "I miss you so much mom." He mumbled as he carefully wiped the tears so that he doesn't ruin his make up. Jinyoung took a few breaths, calming himself down. He didn't know why but he suddenly missed his mother so much. He put the chain back in its place. He never wore it and ever since his mom died he vowed to himself to never wear it because it would always remind him of her and that tragic night.

~6 years ago~

Little Jinyoung was with his dad; they were going to the shopping mall. It was Christmas and the mall was opened till late. His mother just called and told them to wait for her outside as she was almost there. They were standing in front of the mall as they watched cars coming in and going out of the parking. It was full as everyone wanted to enjoy the discount given for the special occasion. "Jinyoung~" the small boy looked at the woman that was walking towards them with his eyes shining brightly. Little did he know it would turned all tragic. Suddenly the woman collapsed on the floor. Jinyoung felt his heartbeat stopped. "MOMM," he yelled. He quickly let go of his father's hand and ran to his mother.

"Mom wake up." He cried as he shook his mother but nothing. An ambulance came but by the time they reached the hospital, she was already dead. It turned out that she had suffered a heart attack. The doctor explained that it was common to have thse types of attacks, mostly when people are stressed(I needed smth really quick so...). "Mr. Bae?" The doctor called out. "Y-yes." "We found this in your wife's pocket." The doctor gave Jinyoung's dad a small box and left. The man opened it and looked at the small paper that was neatly folded. He removed the paper and underneath it was a chain. "Jinyoung." The man whispered as he read what was written on the chain. He then unfolded the letter and read it. "Jinyoung. Your mom bought this for you." With shaky hands, Jinyoung reached out for the chain. Jinyoung cried more upon seeing the necklace. Now life would've be hard without his mother by his side. When they went home, Jinyoung couldn't sleep. He stayed up all night, the same scenario playing in his head as he stared at the chain. He vowed to himself to never wear that no matter what.

~Present time~

This incident was still fresh in Jinyoung's mind. It was like a wound that would never heal and it would always be a part of him no matter how hard he try to forget about it. There was a time where he completely forgot about the accident but when he saw that necklace, the memories came back, playing like a movie inside his mind. So he thought it would be better to never wear it. But today, he wanted to see it. Jinyoung sighed and left the room. "Jinyoung hyung." Jinyoung turned his head to see Daehwi, Youngmin, Donghyun, Woong and Woojin(stan AB6IX y'all✊🏻😔❤) walking towards him. "Hey guys. How are you all?" Jinyoung asked as he greeted each one of them with a hug. "We are fine and you?" Youngmin spoke. "I'm fine."