Chapter 25

BECKHAM🌴

"Hi," she says softly as she rocks back and forth on her feet.

"Hi, Tatum," I reply, forcing her to wait.

I've already made my decision but I think a little anticipation will do her some good. But when her hands fall to my waist tracing my Adonis belt the only thing I'm anticipating is having her in my arms.

"Can we go to Maui?" She looks at me with hope written all over her face.

Bringing my hand up to her neck, I slip my hand behind her neck and pull her into me. My lips crash against hers and it's like air after drowning when she reciprocates my kiss. I slip my hands down her back and pull her flush against me.

My hands roam her body with a major attempt to stay PG. But then her hands drag up my chest and I know if I kiss her any longer things will become more rated. Just as I'm about to pull back her tongue slips past my lips causing a growl to leave the back of my throat.

"So yes to Maui?" She questions.

"I thought I answered your question, Sugarlips."

Her smile is so bright it could light up the darkest room. She jumps up into my arms and pulls me into a hug so tight that I can barely breathe. I love this feeling. I've missed that sparkle in her eyes.

"I've missed your cringe nickname."

Chuckling, I set her down and walk her back over to the seating area so we can give everyone the news. They pretend to not have been watching the whole time, but it's the most obvious thing ever. When we sit down at the table Greg claps my back as if I just accomplished something. Maybe I did. But now I know Ellie basically told her whole family the situation between Tatum and I as they congratulate us.

Luckily Tatum changes the subject as she tells them about the Maui trip, asking them if they want to go. I can't take my eyes off of her as she talks about Maui and all the activities we could do. I honestly don't care where we are as long as I have her with me. We could be stuck in a blizzard in the mountains and knowing that I have her in my arms would be enough.

She stops mid sentence to laugh after Paige hits Trace's arm. "Look at the way he's looking at her. You don't look at me like that."

Trace in turn only glares at me as if I'm the cause for his wife's random argument.

I turn back to Tatum and slip my hand to her thigh as she tells them about the villa in a resort in Maui, oversharing about the smallest room they have being a two bedroom and also how Mr. Akela was in Honolulu. Then she lets them know that the largest bedroom is a four bedroom, but there is a two bedroom available right above it that may be available.

She tells them about the charter flight from Honolulu to Maui, staying for the rest of the week and then them returning home to North Carolina and us to New York.

"Tatum you barely know us, we can't take anymore. You've given us more than what we could imagine. We were probably just going to spend most of our days on the beach and doing whatever activities were free and you and Beckham have given us this great experience."

Ellie begins to get emotional, tears filling her eyes as she squeezes Tatum's hand in appreciation and nods towards me.

"When I met you seemed exhausted and stressed. I connected with you and your family and I just wanted to give you a carefree vacation. Plus I've always wanted to do these things."

Somehow she just became even more gorgeous to me. I really want to take her back to the room and make love to her forever. That sounds like a really good idea.

I donate to charities and do as much as I can to help people but actually seeing and directly being apart of giving someone something is a nice feeling. I have enough money to last multiple lifetimes that I really hope to spend with Tatum and the family I wish to create. 7 kids. Or maybe 8 so there's no middle child.

Wrapping my arm around her waist, I place a kiss to her ear and whisper the question, "How much was it?"

"Do you really care?" She whispers, turning to me, her warm breath fanning against my lips.

I don't care. Now I really just want to kiss her, so I place a quick peck to her lips. "Tell me."

"20."

I honestly thought it would be more than that. I give her another kiss. "Tell us what's all in it."

Her excitement never falters. "Well it's four days and three nights and then we leave Friday morning."

"Tatum we don't know what to say," Ellie sighs.

"Say you will join us."

"We will join you," Marsha, Ellie's Mom says from behind me.

Laughing Tatum stands to her feet and my eyes fall straight to her butt. I couldn't help it. It's just so nice. Standing up as well, I lace my fingers through Tatum's.

"It's settled you guys can check out and we will have a car pick you up to take you to the plane."

"Tatum you're an angel," Paige says.

She laughs and shakes her head, pulling at my hand. "It will be fun. Beckham and I are going to take one last dive before it's time to go."

After more snorkeling and underwater pictures, everyone gets back onto the Yacht and we ride back to the main island. When we get back the kids convince us to get shave ice from the truck across the street. Tatum agrees.

When we get to the truck she picks out the tropical blend with lilikoi, guava, and papaya. I chose the rainbow combination with strawberry, lemon, and pineapple. Now we sit on the benches watching the water and occasionally talking with Ellie and her family. Every so often Tatum will also steal a bite of my shave ice, I don't object because I'm doing the same to her.

I'm about to kiss her when we are interrupted by Lucas with a sticky face covered in syrup. Immediately her attention shifts to Luca's as she pulls out a wipe from her bag and passes it to him.

"Did you have fun today, kid?"

"I had the most fun ever in my life. I'm pooped," he exaggerates, flopping down in the empty spot next to her.

I laugh and so does Tatum. "Well make sure you get some rest because tomorrow we are going to Maui. We can take surf lessons? Does that sound fun?"

"Yeah!"

We spend a little more time with Lucas and his family before having to leave. Saying our goodbyes, we go our separate ways and agree to meet them tomorrow at a specific location.