Chapter 2

A week has went by and I've looked at Beckham's card every single day. I know I said we wouldn't see each other again, but when Friday comes I don't even debate with myself as I pick up my phone and the card that has sat on my dresser for the past week.

Today our team met the deadline for a project we've been working on for the past month. I wanted to celebrate with my friends, but all of them were busy. Couple things. After a while I resulted to my last option and here I am, listening to my phone ring and hoping that Beckham picks up.

He answers on the third ring.

"Hello?" How could I have forgotten how hot his voice sounds.

"Hi." There's no sound from the other end for a few seconds. Then out of nowhere I get a FaceTime call. "Why are you FaceTiming?"

"Answer," he demands.

I answer with the camera facing the ceiling.

"Let me see you."

Sighing I sit down on my bed, crossing my legs underneath me. "Do you even know who this is?" I ask.

"The client I had sex with, who walked out on me. Now let me see you."

I push my hair behind my ear and look down at his handsome face through the screen. "I look terrible."

"Let me see you," he demands again.

"I'll pass."

"I'll hang up," he threatens.

Asshole. I hold up my phone showing my face and he smiles at me. "Now what are you calling about? Did you rethink my offer?"

Telling me you want to see me again isn't really an offer, but I don't tell him that. "You're my last option and I'm kind of desperate."

He laughs and I can't help but smile. "So why are you calling?"

"I'm asking you on a date?" I ask questioning my own reply.

"You're asking me on a date?"

I laugh nervously and glance away from the screen knowing I'll see a smug look on his face. "Yes, I'm asking you on a date. Yes or No?"

"Yes," he answers smirking. "Meet me at La Belle Déesse in an hour."

There's no way we are eating there. That place is extremely expensive and takes months to even get on the waiting list. How would we even get in? When I ask him this, he tells me that he knows the owner who will give us a table and I should wear something nice.

I'm about to say something when he interrupts. "I'm going to hang up before you have time to say something and change your mind."

"What if I change my mind after you hang up?"

"You won't, he says sure of himself. Cocky bastard. "You said it yourself, I'm your last choice. But I will need a name."

I bite my lip and look at him through the screen of my phone. "My name is Tatum Kingston."

He licks his lips and nods. "See you tonight, Tatum."

We hang up without another word and I quickly hop out of bed to take a shower. After drying off and moisturizing I step out the bathroom and head to my closet, picking out a white long sleeve dress with matching white heels. I then brush my curls up into a messy bun, letting a few tendrils hang loosely about. With one final confirmation, I grab my purse with my phone and keys and leave the house.

When I step out of my apartment complex, the cool air hits me, sending shivers throughout my body. I underestimated the cold in this outfit and I'm thankful that the Uber I ordered is already sitting on the curb. Quickly, I climb into the backseat and let the heat within the car warm me up.