Chapter 7

TATUM🌺

I wake up at 6 to get ready for work. Last night Beckham cleaned up while I prepared my outfit for today and got ready for bed. Then he slipped in and pulled me into his arms, that are now tightly wrapped around me.

With a weak attempt, I try to slip out of his grip, which obviously fails. I grab his forearms and try to pry them off, when they flex and tighten around me. I can't help but laugh as Beckham's chest rumbles against me with a silent laugh.

"Beckham let go."

He shifts so he's lying on his back and pulls me into his chest. Placing my hand on his stomach, I drag my fingers over the grooves of his abs. I really don't want to go to work, but I have to, so my handsome man needs to let go of me so I can get dressed.

"Beckham?" With his eyes still closed, he grips my thigh and pulls it over his waist. "I have work."

Just as I manage to pry his hand from around me, he flips me over and positions himself in between my legs, laying his head on my chest and wrapping his arms around me. He's so annoying.

"Beckham..." I whisper softly as I run my fingers through his hair. He doesn't reply.

"Babe..." I say louder this time. "I have to go to work."

"I don't want to let go," he finally replies, his voice raspy from speaking for the first time this morning.

"I have to get ready for work."

"A few more minutes."

"Beckham?"

"We should have morning sex."

He's ridiculous. When I look down at him his eyes are still closed as he slowly pulls off of me and flops back down onto the bed.

I quickly climb out of bed before he changes his mind. When I come back from the bathroom, wrapped in my towel, Beckham is awake laying casually with his arms behind his head, eyes on me as I move to my drawers.

With my back turned to Beckham, I pull on a simple pair of lavender boyshorts and a t-shirt bra. As I begin to pull on my pants, I hear a low groan from behind me. Rolling my eyes, I finish pulling on my light wash jeans and then my grey sweater.

"You don't have to wear formal clothes to work?" He asks, moving to the edge of the bed and holding his hands out for me.

I quickly pull my hair up into a ponytail and walk over to him, stepping into his arms. "We only have to dress formal for special meetings. It's a pretty casual workplace, as long as it's appropriate. I really want to move up though. I've worked there for four years now."

He crosses his legs then grips my hips and pulls me into his lap. I don't want to leave him, but we both have places to be. I smile and turn to him, resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

"I'm crazy about you," he murmurs against my cheek,

"I know."

"Give me a kiss," he whispers in my ear.

I kiss his cheek then push off, only to pulled back into his lap.

"By kiss, I meant lips."

"I just brushed my teeth and you haven't."

"If you can't love me at my worse, don't bother loving me at my best."

The most annoying part is the fact that what he said is an accurate statement. But I don't think love has factored in yet. Instead of telling him that, I turn to him and place a kiss to his lips, before pushing him off again.

"Baby," he pouts, flopping back onto the bed.

It's not really a pout but he is adorably childish.

"You've already held me hostage this morning. If I'm late you can explain to my prick of a boss why I was late." I leave him to wallow on the bed as I head to the kitchen to pop a bagel in the toaster for breakfast.

He follows me into the kitchen and sit's at the bar, watching me as I move to the fridge to grab the cream cheese. "Who's your boss?"

"Some prick named Carl, he's the boss of my division," I answer making my way around the counter to him. "The CEO on the other hand is the official boss. You're gonna find this funny, his name is 'Beckham Heights'. Some smart guy who created incredible software and turned it into a business."