Part 2, Chapter 18. Professor Elm

Start from the beginning

The students look through the bags, finding all the listed items.

"I would also like to note, you will have to enter your personal information, into the Pokedex, the first time you turn it on." Elm says, as the students do so quickly.

The students quickly switch over any clothes and other items to their new bags. 

They then stand and bow. "Thank you, Professor Elm." They say in unison.

Elm's eyes go wide with surprise. "I have never had such a well behaved group of trainers come through that door before. I honestly expected much more random questioning and noise."

David nods. "They were taught by myself, Kyla, Ivory, and Ebony after all."

Elm looks slowly back at the students with a sympathetic expression. "I am so sorry."

"For what?" Clare asks.

"That you five ever had to endure any amount of time with that mad woman." Elm says, picking up a piece of paper.

"He means Ebony, right?" Blare whispers to Kyla.

Kyla nods silently.

Sam speaks up. "How do you know Professor Ebony?"

Elm looks away, covering his mouth with the paper. "A.. I'd rather not say."

The students look at David, who silently shrugs in response.

Elm waves the paper. "Unless you have any further questions, you are all free to begin your journey at your own pace."

The students bow again and leave.

David, Kyla, and Blare thank Elm again and leave shortly after.

Once through the door, Blare grabs David's shoulder. "You know something about Elm and Ebony, don't you?"

David shrugs off her hand. "I do, but it is not my place to say."

"Oh, come on! We will not tell anyone!" Kyla urges.

David sighs. "They.. use to date, back in university."

Blare and Kyla turn to look at the door, with sympathetic expressions.

"That poor man." Kyla says, sadly.

"I can only imagine those emotional.. maybe physical, scares." Blare adds.

David nods. "I don't think anyone would admit to dating that woman."

They look around, not seeing the students. 

"Did they run ahead of us?!" Blare exclaims.

David sighs. "It was bound to happen."

Kyla stroll down the road, followed by the others. 

Once on Route 29, they see Sam and Heng locked in a heated battle

Once on Route 29, they see Sam and Heng locked in a heated battle. The two Pokemon out is Geodude and Treeckon. Geodude seems to be struggling to keep up with the energetic Treeckon. It is not long before Geodude falls over, his HP down to zero.