bite.- chapter 12- slayer head quaters

Start from the beginning

“I hope you don’t mind but I changed your dress.” Michael said.

I never even registered that I was wearing a large white baggy t-shirt that came down to my knees. I felt myself turning bright red at the thought of Michael taking off my dress. The man at the desk looked up at me smiling and said,

“Don’t worry baby, I was watching too. Mikey didn’t touch you.”

I froze instantly staring at Michael horrified. Michael awkwardly laughed and said,

“Gabe shut up, she’s going to think you are serious.”

“I am serious.” Gabe replied.

“Are doing this because of last Tuesday? I thought you said you were over it- it was history.” Michael said.

“Well history influences our present brother.”

“Come on Gabe it was one bullet.” Michael whined.

“Yeah one god damn bullet.”

Confused I looked at Michael and asked,

“What’s are you guys talking about?”

Michael opened his mouth but Gabe interjected snapping,

“This god damn moron was supposed to be covering my ass on an exercise last Tuesday-”

“Gabe, I thought I saw something in warehouse 8.”

“He goes off to investigate a noise that could have been a rat, a cat, or a damn cockroach and doesn’t tell anyone-”

“It was bigger than a cat.”

“So I get snuck up on by tweedle dee and tweedle dum over there,” Gabe said nodding at Barry and one of his colleagues, “And I get a god damn bullet in my left ass cheek.”

I blinked- not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Michael gripped my shoulder and pulled me away with Gabe yelling out angrily,

“I didn’t sit down for a week!”

Michael apologized,

“Gabe knows how to  hold a grudge.”

“He’s a vampire though; I thought he would heal instantly from a bullet.” I said.

“Barry uses a special bullet made from a silver alloy. Silver weakens our regenerative abilities.”

“Like werewolves.”

“No. Silver doesn’t poison us. It just makes us more human.” Michael said.

We walked towards what seemed to be the nerve centre of the room. There was a dozen computers and monitor screens all concentrated around a circular desk. Barry sat in the middle in a deep leather chair bragging to a group of guys about his latest fishing expedition. As we approached the desk the men one by one noticed me and turned their attention away from Barry to me. Michael sensed my self consciousness and stepped in front of me shielding me from the other men.

“Barry, she’s awake.” Michael said.

Barry had to stand up and peer around Michael to see me. He smiled warmly and said,

“Lorna, how are you! Wish we were meeting under better circumstances but there you are. Have you met the others?”

“She’s met me!” Gabe yelled from across the room.

“Gabe, shut up,” Barry groaned. “Gabe is the attention whore of the group-”

“Barry,” Michael said abruptly, “Lorna was attacked last night, I just want to interview her and get her home.”