bite. -chapter 23- Pandora

Smoothing my hands over the white linen of my dress, I checked myself once more in the mirror. Michael was sat on the bed behind with clenched teeth. He didn’t want me to go. Ignoring his black looks I picked up my purse and glanced at the clock, “I’ll see you later.” I said throwing Michael a brief look over my shoulder.

He didn’t reply. He just watched me walk out the bedroom. I guess it was his way of saying ‘please don’t go’. I didn’t try and comfort him or make him feel better because he was a killer. My whole ethos towards Michael had changed in that moment when I found out he was the Cumbria killer. There was part of me that wanted to go straight to Duncan and tell him everything, but there was another part of me that was terrified of losing Michael. He was a killer but he was my mate and if anything happened to him I wouldn’t be able to carry on, although currently our relationship wasn’t much of an existence. Michael thought I was being unfaithful to him and god forgive me I did play on that tonight.

As I walked out the apartment door Sheldon was standing in his doorway down the corridor. He didn’t say hello or attempt to make conversation he just gave a quick curt nod in my direction as if to say ‘good luck’. I walked to the elevator and descended upwards into the foyer to a familiar scene. There were hotel guests, the staff, the government slayers and the vampires all minding their own business- except the slayers who were once again staring at me touching their ear pieces as I glided past. Keira was stood by the glass entrance with a bored expression next to her were five security guards looking very official. She spotted me and sauntered across the foyer looping her arm in mine.

“Come on.” She whispered.

We left the hotel to a waiting limousine. The chauffer jumped out and held the door open the security guards ushered us in. I sank back into the leather seats. Keira banged on the limousine screen and snapped,

“Take us to Camden.”

“Camden? I thought we are going to Portsmouth?”

“We are, but we can’t take this car, it’s being tracked.”

“Fuck. Have they put..” I worded ‘microphone’ just in case someone was listening to our conversation.

“No, Sheldon checked the limo over and only found a tracker.” Keira replied.

“So how are we getting to Portsmouth?”

“I have some friends who can give us a lift. I’ll drop you off at their place while I go and pick up our special gear for breaking into the boat.”

“Shit, I can’t believe we’re doing this.” I said.

The limo stopped outside a boarded up pub called the “The Swan”, Keira pointed to the door and said, “Knock three times and say Keira sent you.” She said flatly. I got out the door and Keira yelled after me, “Don’t piss them off- their all vamps.”

I gulped- oh crap.

Stepping out I ran to the door and knocked three times. Glancing back over my shoulder I watched the limo speed away.

A man with a Mohawk the size of a small child answered the door dressed in tight leather. He stared down at me and laughed, “What the fuck? Are you lost?” He asked.

“Um…no. Keira sent me.” I replied.

The man eyed me up and down incredulously and opened the door, “Come on in darling.” He smiled.

I walked in and was hit by an angry onslaught of screaming, drums and guitars. Looking around I saw a sea of black, piercings, weird haircuts and tattoos. Punks. London Punks. Keira couldn’t be serious. The man with the giant Mohawk picked up a cigarette and indicated to follow him. I walked carefully through the derelict pub catching the attention of everyone I walked past. The man kept looking back at me then turning and laughing to himself. Uncomfortably I shivered wondering what the hell Keira had gotten us into. The Mohawk punk went up to a door that was signed men’s toilets and yelled,