20-Meeting the family

There was a knock on the door at 1 o'clock and Louis opened the door with Harry right behind him.
"Boobear!" Louis's mum greeted him with a smile as soon as the door swung open.

"Mum, don't call me that." Louis grunted but hugged her.

He could hear Harry giggle behind him and turned around to glare at him. "You didn't hear that."

Harry winked at him. Louis turned to his family again. "Come in!"

Harry's eyes widened when the Tomlinson clan just kept on coming, making the hallway really crowded. He backed down to the living room to sit down. Louis was immediately by his side to help him get down on the sofa, putting a pillow behind his back and making sure he was comfortable. Louis whispered an "okay?" and Harry nodded his head.

Louis's family came inside and filled up the whole space.
"Hi sweetie, I'm Jay, Louis's mum. It's so nice to finally meet you." Jay said and hugged him.

Harry gave her a smile in return. Everybody was staring at him and he started to get a little bit uncomfortable. Louis seemed to notice. He came and sat down next to Harry.
"Geesh, behave yourselves." he said to his family and glared at them.

Louis introduced them all. His little brother Ernie came crawling into his lap and Louis smiled at him and ruffled his hair. Doris came up to Harry and pointed at his stomach.
"Baby?"

He smiled at the two-year-old and rubbed his stomach.
"Yes, baby."

Everybody started to laugh and that cleared the tension in the room. Soon Harry was indulged in different conversations with Louis's sisters and they all got to feel the baby kick. Louis was by his side the whole time, making sure he was okay. Harry loved him for it.

Jay had brought baby pictures of Louis to his dismay and showed them to Harry. Louis grunted and hid his face in his hands.
"Cute." Harry commented with a grin and Louis couldn't help but return the smile.

"So have you come up with any baby names yet?" Jay asked.

"Darcy. Harry really loves that name." Louis answered and smiled at Harry.

"Darcy! That's a beautiful name, Harry." Jay smiled.

"Darcy Anne Johannah." Harry answered.

Jay gasped and teared up.
"You're naming her after me? Is Anne your mum?"

"Yeah." Harry answered.

Jay hugged her son and after that, she came to give Harry another hug as well.
"I'm looking forward to being a grandma. You look wonderful sweetie. You have that pregnancy glow. I hope my son tells you that all the time."

"He does." Harry replied and gave Louis a shy smile.

They went to Louis restaurant to eat dinner and Harry really enjoyed the evening. Louis had a great family. When they arrived home again Harry was beat. Louis walked his family out to the car to say goodbye. Jay turned around to face him when all of his siblings were seated in the car.
"Harry's a lovely young man. You have to tell him that you're in love with him."

Louis's eyes grew wide.
"How do you know that?"

"Oh sweetheart, a mother always knows." Jay winked and pulled him in for a hug.

Louis watched them drive away before he went inside. He found Harry on the couch. He looked tired.
"I'm sorry my family wore you out. They can be intense."

He sat down to rub Harry's feet.
"You have a wonderful family Louis. Speaking of families, my mum called just now and she was upset that she hadn't been invited so my family is coming tomorrow. I hope that's okay?" Harry asked.

"Of course it is!" Louis answered immediately.

Harry gave him an intensive stare and they got lost in each other's eyes for a moment. Louis could feel his heart pounding fast. Harry let out a sigh and broke eye contact.
"I'm really tired so I'm gonna go to bed now."

"Yeah, of course." Louis replied and stood up to help Harry get out of the couch. They said good night and Harry waddled his way to his bedroom.

Louis woke up the next morning feeling really nervous. He took a long shower, shaved, and fixed his hair. He stood in front of his closet for what felt like an eternity. Now he understood Harry's breakdown yesterday. He finally settled for a pair of blue, skinny jeans and a blue button-up shirt.

Harry was already in the kitchen when he came in. He raised an eyebrow at him.
"Looking good Boobear. What's the occasion?"

"Shut up." Louis replied and put his tongue out.

Harry started to laugh and continued to cook eggs and bacon. Louis set the table and they sat down to eat breakfast.

Harry's family showed up at lunch and Louis wiped his sweaty palms on his trousers before he shook hands with Harry's mum Anne and his stepdad Robin. Harry's sister gave him a calculating look.
"So you're the one who knocked up my brother?"

Louis started to stutter, not able to form a sentence. Harry rolled his eyes at his sister.
"Behave Gemma!"

Gemma gave them a grin and petted Louis's shoulder.

Louis somehow managed to survive the visit. Harry's family was really sweet even if it felt like he was evaluated. Harry was by his side the whole time and that calmed his nerves. Anne reacted the same way as his mum when they told her what they were planning on naming the baby. She immediately hugged her son and Louis got a hug as well.

He went out to the kitchen to make some tea. Anne came inside to help him out. Great, he was getting 'The talk'.
"Louis?"

He turned to face Harry's mother.
"Yes?"

"Thank you for taking such good care of my baby boy. He talks about you a lot." Anne said and gave him a pensive look.

Not what he was expecting.
"He does? Well, he's carrying our baby, of course, I want to take care of him. I'm just trying to make it easier for him in every way I can." Louis answered and gulped.

"Just...Harry is really sensitive. Don't hurt him, okay?" Anne answered.

"Okay." Louis answered, a bit confused. If someone would get hurt, it would be him.