15-Unexpected news

Louis was confused as hell. What the fuck was going on? Liam had been so cryptic on the phone. Why couldn't he just tell him instead of demanding him to come back to England? Well, he had known Liam for a long time and he trusted him with his life so now he was sitting on a flight back to London.

He took a cab to the restaurant as soon as he landed and rushed inside.
"Liam! I'm here! What the hell is going on?" he shouted.

Liam came out of his office.
"Louis! Great to see you mate!"

"Cut the crap. Why am I here?" Louis answered with furrowed eyebrows.

Liam seemed nervous.
"Ehm, right. I still can't tell you. Just call Harry. I have his number in my office."

Louis huffed in annoyance but followed Liam inside his office. He got the piece of paper with Harry's number and picked up his cellphone. He took a deep breath before he pressed the green button.
"Hello." Harry's deep voice sounded on the other side of the line.

"Ehm, Hi Harry. It's Louis." Louis answered and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Louis!" Harry breathed out.

"Yeah. Why am I back in England? What do you want?" Louis said, sounding irritated. He didn't like to be kept in the dark.

"Right. Ehm, can you come over? We need to talk about something and we need to do it in person." Harry answered, sounding nervous.

"Fine. Text me your address. I'll be there soon." Louis replied and hung up.

He turned around to stare at Liam.
"If you know what the hell is going on, tell me or I swear to God I will punch you in the face."

Liam chuckled.
"You would? God, I'm sorry Louis. You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Just go and see Harry and Louis, keep an open mind. Okay? You can borrow my car."

Harry had texted his address and Louis drove Liam's car there. He took a deep breath before he knocked on the right apartment door. His breath hitched when it opened and he was facing Harry. God, he looked amazing. He was glowing. Louis swallowed down a lump in his throat.
"Hi, Lou." Harry said softly. "Come in."

He opened the door wider and Louis's eyes fell on his belly. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. His brain couldn't register what he was seeing.
"You look....different."

Harry's hand came up to cradle his stomach.
"I know. There's an explanation for that. Let's sit down, shall we?"

Louis followed him inside and they went to the living room. He didn't register what the place looked like. His eyes were glued to Harry's stomach. He had put on a lot of weight. Weird.

"Louis?" Harry said softly.

"Huh?" Louis's eyes snapped up to meet Harrys. He was so confused.

Harry seemed nervous. He bit his lower lip.
"First of all, I'm so fucking sorry that I didn't believe you when you said that you were moving to New York."

"Right...did I have to come back to England for that apology?" Louis snorted. His eyes trailed down to Harry's belly again. Something was really strange.

"Of course not. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Ehm, so the reason I wanted to see you is this." Harry rubbed his stomach.

"You wanted to show me that you put on some weight?" Louis asked confused.

Harry gasped. He looked offended.
"I'm not fat!"

"Fuck, no! I didn't say that Harry." Louis immediately responded.

"I'm sorry. I'm a bit sensitive right now." Harry mumbled.

"Okay?" Louis answered. He was so confused.

Harry took a deep breath.
"I'm pregnant Lou. It's yours."

Louis let out a snort and started to laugh.
"Right. What the hell is this? Some sick joke? Did I have to go back to England so you could make fun of me? How stupid do you think I am? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Harrys lower lip started to tremble.
"I'm not joking Lou."

Louis stood up to rush out of the apartment. Harry was insane. Harry grabbed some papers from the table in front of them and shoved them at Louis.
"Read this."

Louis grabbed the papers and ran out the door. He got inside the car and inhaled deeply. He looked down at the papers wrinkled in his hand. He soothed them out and started to read. The first one was a doctor's note. He furrowed his eyebrows as he started to read the note.

To whom it may concern,

Harry Styles is 16 weeks pregnant, confirmed with both blood example and an ultrasound. Mr. Styles is born with a uterus even though he is a male. It's very rare but not impossible. I'll include other cases with male pregnancies to confirm that this is accurate.

Dr. H. Groth

Louis turned the page and read statistics regarding male pregnancies and other case files. On the last page, he found an ultrasound picture of a baby. He stared at it in shock. The name Harry Styles was printed in the upper left corner. Louis let out a dry sob. It felt like he was about to faint. Soon tears were streaming down his face. He got out of the car and ran back to Harry's apartment and knocked at the door.

Harry opened it. He was crying as well.
"I'm gonna be a dad?" Louis questioned. He still had a hard time believing it.

"Yes. You're gonna be a dad." Harry confirmed between sobs.

Louis cried and laughed at the same time.
"I'm gonna be a dad! That's amazing Harry! Oh my fucking God."

"So you're happy about it?" Harry questioned, sounding insecure.

"Of course. I'm in a bit of a shock, to be honest, but we're gonna have a baby Harry. I love babies. I always wanted to be a dad. I want to be in this baby's life. We'll figure it out." Louis smiled.

"Yeah? Good. Trust me, I'm still shocked myself." Harry grinned.

Louis's eyes fell on Harry's stomach.
"Can I...can I feel it?"

"Of course. Come inside again." Harry smiled and opened the door wider once more.