He kicks off his shoes and sprawls on the couch. He sighs deeply and closes his eyes.

"What will I do for her birthday?" He groans.

Niall runs his hand through his hair. He needs a haircut soon.

"Maybe I should take her to a nice dinner and buy her something." He says to himself. "I'm terrible at this."

He would seek out the boy's help with this. But he doesn't want to trigger any thoughts of their relationship.

"Hmm," he thinks. "Maybe if I-"

And at that moment, his phone rings. He pulls it out of his pocket. He looks at the caller ID.

Ella.

"Hi Ella!" He says, putting her on speaker.

"Niall," she whispers. "Niall I need your help."

He sits up immediately. "What's wrong Ella?"

She breathes. "I'm alone at the shop. And I was doing an order in the back. The front door ranged and I hear someone yell for assistance. But...I had a feeling that the voice was familiar. I didn't know that Becky was gone! So I peek my head out and you won't believe who is here..."

"Who?"

"Dean."

What the hell?

"Why is here there? I thought he moved." Niall says, sounding a bit annoyed.

"I don't know! But he won't leave! He keeps saying 'I KNOW YOU'RE HERE ELLA.'" She keeps whispering. "I don't want to see him because I think he's drunk."

"Where are you? I'm on my way." He grabs his shoes and slides them on.

"Hiding behind a plant." She says. "Can...can you come and make him leave?"

He stands up and grabs the keys from the bowl. "Sure thing. You stay put. Don't move from there."

She breathes. "Okay, I won't. But please be careful when you get here. He's an awful drunk."

"Will do love. I'll see you in a bit." He starts walking to the door.

"Okay, see you." She whispers and hangs up.

------------

Niall pulls into a parking spot near the flower shop. He doesn't waste a second before getting out. He stalks his way toward the front door instead of the back.

"Hello?" He calls out as he pushes the door open.

"Hiii," he hears Dean slur. He can't see him. Where the hell is he?

"Dean? Mate, it's Niall. You need to leave." Niall says as he starts walking around.

"Niall?!" Dean screeches. "What are youuu doin here?"

"To make sure you leave," Niall responds. "Come out!"

He hears walking behind him. He sees Dean gripping onto the walls. Man, he is drunk.

"No! I need to s...speak with Ellllaaa." He argues. He rubs his face. "You! You took her away!"

Niall keeps his eyes on him. "She's not here."
He glances over to the door that leads to the back of the shop. Hopefully, Ella won't come out...

"Bull! I...I know she is!" Dean stumbles over his own foot. "She was mine first! She...she deserves better! Not you! You just use her!"

"I'm not using her anymore!" Niall says trying to lead Dean out the door. "She...she and I are not faking it. She's my girlfriend now."