Chapter 30

Ella grabs her hair into a ponytail and ties it with a hair tie. She looks out the window in their beach house bedroom.

It's almost night time by the time they get to their destination. So they agreed on relaxing tonight and just enjoy each other's company.

She feels warmth wrap around her and strong arms.

"Hey," Niall says. "What are you doing?"

"Just looking out." She replies and puts her hands on his. She realizes how large they are compared to her dainty hand.

He kisses the back of her head and squeezes her tightly. "Ah, do you want to go to the beach? I just got done talking on the phone and could use some fresh air."

"Sure thing."

-------------

She and Niall walk hand-in-hand along the shoreline. She looks down at her toes kicking up sand with each step.

"So, I was on the phone with Louis about Dean and Ellie." He starts. "And supposedly Dean is out on bail. Ellie was never found to have 'enough evidence' so they let her go."

She looks up at him and opens her mouth only to have him interrupt her.

"And we discussed what we should do to be safe. He said we need to be stronger than ever because he has a feeling Dean is going to be popping up subtly. Also that you need a guard with you 100% of the day, including at work."

"So, technically no privacy?" She asks and raises an eyebrow. "I've gotta be kept guarded 24/7?"

He nods and squeezes her hand. "Yes, technically because I also will have the same rules."

"I don't know Niall-"

He stops both of them in their tracks and turns to her. "Ella, please, it's for your safety. I want to keep you as safe as possible. You are my life, how many times do I need to tell you? I want you safe."

She looks at him and rubs her thumb against his hand. "You are seriously too much. You are too kind and I know you care for me but-"

"No buts Ella. I need you safe. I need you to be around. I need you in my life." He pulls her against him and lifts her face up. "It's either that or break up."

"Why should we break up?" She questions. "How would that make things better?"

"I don't know, louis said it." He sighs deeply and stares at her. "Maybe you should think about the guard thing then."

"I will."

He smiles softly and kisses her nose. "Okay, good. Now, cmon, let's keep walking and enjoy this cool..well, night."

-------------

"Babe," Ella groans. "I can't freaking open this damn jar of jelly."

He laughs and walks over to the kitchen. "Aww, poor wittle baby."

She rolls her eyes and hands him the jar. "Open it and shut your mouth."

In one quick move, the lid pops open. "Here you go little baby."

She narrows her eyes at him. "I swear...."

He hands her the jar and smirks. "Wittle baby couldn't open it."

"Shut up!" She says and smacks him playfully. "I hate you."

"Nah," he smiles and kisses her cheek. "You can't hate me."

She rolls her eyes and grabs a spoon from the drawer. "Yeah I can...if I wanted to."

"I'd like to see you try, sweetie." He smirks and kisses her forehead. "Listen, I have to make an important phone call back home. If you need me, I'll be on the balcony."