chapter 1

*amanda's pov*

it's september, and everyone in the small town of Illinois knows. school. i sighed as i got up at 5:00 AM, "why school now?" i mumbled to myself. i took a quick shower and got dressed. i went down stairs to get breakfast, my dad was making bacon eggs and cheese on rolls. i inhaled the wonderful smell, but to bad im a vegetarian so i just have eggs and cheese. "morning amanda" my dad tells me as i walk into the kitchen. "morning" i say a bit tired, "you sleep well?" dad asked. "well, i had that dream again." i said trying not to cry. my dad turned around to look at me, he started to cry. "im sorry, sweetheart i wish she was here too."

my mom passed from a car accident, my dad tried to save her himself, because the ambulance was late. it was to late, she was gone. and its been three months. i went to therapy for it, and got medicine to help keep my mind off of it.

"dad, i must go to my bus now." i said while walking out with tears rolling down my cheeks. i got to my bus stop where my best friends alex and mandy were. "hiya amanda!" yelled alex, i just smiled, they both looked at me. "oh, you had the dream again" mandy whispered, i just shook my head. the both came up to me and hugged me till the bus came.

we sit in the back, because all the freshmen and sophomores sit in the front and middle. i put in my headphones, so did alex and mandy. i listened to AFI one of my favorite bands i listen to. as we arrived to school, its the same as always the "populars" stand outside and wait for us. all me alex and mandy could think is what they would do now.