Chapter 43; Support

Justin's p.o.v

Miley's words from last night had soothed me. I had her by my side, I trusted and loved her. Her kind and soft words still rang in my ears, giving me the energy I needed.

"Hey Justin," Jason said walking into the kitchen where me and Miley were cooking ourselves a late lunch. "Miley," He smiled lightly looking at the two of us.

"Hey," Miley smiled placing the chicken on the plate in front of me. "Are you hungry?" She asked looking at Jason.

"Sure," He nodded and leaned on the high top.

I helped Miley prepare the three plates as we sat at the small table in the corner of the kitchen.

"This is delicious." Jason said after taking a few bites of the food in front of him.

"It's all Miley's doing." I laughed lightly.

"I'm not that great, but I'm learning." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Well, I guess now is a good time for the three of us to discuss a few things." Jason spoke up.

"Okay," Miley nodded.

"Miley and I talked last night about the different locations, mind telling him what you told me?" I asked gesturing to Miley.

"We always remained in Canada. When we moved it was only a 2 hour drive at the most and it was always at night. It wasn't often either, it may have happened 4 times that I remember." She spoke confidently.

"Do you remember what region?" Jason asked.

"Near the south, they stayed away from cities. It was always in the middle of nowhere. Anytime I did look outside, it looked like we were surrounded by woods." Miley spoke looking at Jason then me.

"Well, that is extremely helpful. I found out that they are currently in Canada. I have a few friends in high places there that have been watching them for a while. These people owe me a huge favor and are going press charges, similar to the charges that were pursued in the states. It will make it hard for them to leave Canada for the next few weeks." Jason said looking at me. "Carl has also been helpful. He knows most of the places they own and is contacting a few sources of his own." Jason continued.

"We figured out they are staying in one of their old locations and we just needed to find where. Knowing that they normally stay in the South region will help. I have some friends in that area I can call to gather more information." Jason paused and looked at Miley then me. "I should have an official location by tomorrow." He smiled.

"I have a plan and I have talked some of that over with you, Justin. This weekend, we will be flying to Canada. I have a few tricks and alliances that will be in our favor. I need to make sure that you both are okay with my plan and agree to follow through with it." Jason cleared his throat before continuing. "I already know where you stand with this," He said looking at me.

"Miley, on the other hand, I have no idea." He looked over at her.

"I don't want to hide anymore, I can't do it." Miley said looking at Jason.

"I can imagine. My only concern is that you and the rest of the girls are going to have to stay hidden while we are in Canada. I know you are stubborn, and so are the other girls, but I am going to need you to be a leader and make sure to look out for them." Jason said looking at her. I could tell she was nervous and upset at this request, but I hope that she would agree.

"How long will you guys be gone?" She asked looking at Jason then me.

"That's the thing, we don't know. We leave this weekend, but that doesn't mean that everything will be taken care of properly while we are there. We might have to stay longer. So, in all honesty, I have no clue." Jason spoke honestly glancing at me then Miley. Miley sighed and looked at her hands that were placed in her lap.

"I will have a few of the guys that will be taking care of you all, and they will be informed if anything goes wrong. No matter what happens, I have a backup plan. I won't go down without a fight, neither will Justin." Jason pressed. I knew he was right, and I trusted him.

"What if something happens to you guys, what if something goes wrong?" Miley wandered. Her face was as pale as a ghost. I grabbed her hand and held it in mine.

"Listen, I know you are scared. I'm scared and I know that Justin is too. Right now, we don't have time to be scared. Something could go wrong. But, like I said, we aren't going down without a fight. I have a lot of people that are on my side, so does Justin. They won't know what's coming." Jason spoke deeply. I pulled Miley on my lap and rubbed her back as she starred at Jason.

"I need you to trust us, and have faith in us. You want peace, and this is the only way. I am telling you this because I need to know that you will stop at nothing to protect yourself and the girls. I need to make sure, that if worse comes to worse, you are strong enough to handle the fight. I am not saying that it will come down to that. But, if you are strongly confident that me and Justin can handle this, then the other girls will be strong too. They both look up to you, and admire you. If you have faith, they will too." Jason pressed leaning forward.

"Miley," I spoke. She snapped her head to look at me. "He is right." I nodded my head.

"I know," She paused and looked down at her hands. "This, this is the only way. I will do whatever you ask of me. I am strong enough, I know I am." She spoke confidently looking at me then Jason. Jason gave her a reassuring smile and she placed her head on my shoulder.

"We will have a meeting tonight to go over the plan for everyone. I need you and the girls to be there so they can know what is going to be happening. I need you to support me on my decision and calm their nerves." Jason said standing to his feet.

"Okay," Miley nodded.

"I'll see you both in an hour or so." Jason said nodding towards me before leaving the room. Miley quickly got up and put the dishes away.

"I love you." I said walking towards her. I placed my hands on her hips and pulled her into my arms. I would be taking full advantage of all of these little moments with her.

"I love you," she whispered into the crook of my neck.