Chapter 12; Distance is good for the soul

Miley's p.o.v

Staying away from Justin was hard, but he seemed to understand that I needed my space. He has not said much to me in the past two weeks. The time has gone by slowly, and I have grown to hate this place. Justin has been sleeping downstairs far enough away from me. I am glad he is keeping his distance, but I also hate it. I want him around me all the time. I want him more then he understands. I wish these feelings weren't so blurry. I was frozen, and stuck between what my heart and mind was telling me.

Walking downstairs I saw that Justin was outside talking to someone on the phone. He was pacing back and forth. This didn't look good. I grabbed some food from the kitchen, and started to cook something. It was close to dinner time, and I was getting hungry. I also needed something to do to take my mind off of Justin.

"You might want to cook dinner for four tonight." Justin said walking back inside the house. The tone of his voice threw me off. Turning around I faced him. I was pretty good at reading people, especially Justin. But, this time I couldn't tell what was going on.

"What is going on?" I asked walking towards him.

"Nothing for you to worry about." He said walking away. That was his answer to everything these days, and I hated that.

Letting out a sigh I cooked the food while keeping to myself. Justin was distant because of me. A part of me needed that, so I could figure myself out. But, he didn't need to keep things from me. I knew that something was up, but he was not going to tell me anything at this point. My feelings grew stronger towards him through him being distant. I was starting to have fantasies of him and me together. Maybe that was wrong, but it didn't help seeing him walk around shirtless from time to time, especially when I couldn't touch him.

Justin's p.o.v

A knock came from the door making me get up from the office chair.

"I got it," I yelled so Miley wouldn't come to the door.

Opening the door Alex and Zach stood in front of me.

"Come in," I said moving out of the way.

Walking into the kitchen they sat at the stools by the counter. Miley tensed up when she saw me and the guys. I kept to myself, and looked away from her.

"Hey Miley," Alex said walking towards her.

She looked up at him and then Zach.

"Hey guys," She said keeping to herself. I sat down at the stool next to Alex, and watched Miley as she placed the food on the plates.

"Here," She said placing a plate in front of each of us. She grabbed herself a plate and walked upstairs without another word.

"She seems a little pissed off." Zach said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, what is going on?" Alex said looking over at me.

"Nothing," I said taking a bit of my food. They didn't need to know my business, or Miley's.

"Well everything seems clear to head to the beach house." Alex said while eating his food.

"That's good." I nodded.

"We are heading over there tonight. Aussie, Martin, and Sam are already there. You both can head down tomorrow." He said with a sigh. "We will debrief when everyone is settled in." He explained.

After dinner we wrapped the loose ends up. Alex grabbed his jacket, and he followed Zach to the door.

"Tell Miley we enjoyed the food." He said opening the door. "Whatever is going on with you and Miley, clear it up. It's obvious there is something going between you both. I think you would be a great couple." He smiled. Zack laughed in agreement.

"Justin, if you care about her then show her. Not by protecting her, but by telling her how you feel. Open up to her, and romance her." Zach said with a smirk. They were both ridiculous. They had valid point, but that doesn't mean they know about Miley and I relationship.

"We are rooting for you man." Alex said before closing the door behind him.

They were right of course. I sighed and walked up the stairs that led to Miley's room. I hated to admit it, but I did need to talk to her. I didn't want to loose her as a friend, or anything.

"Miley," I said walking into her room. She was curled up on the bed. I grabbed the blanket on the chair, and I covered her up before sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Justin," She mumbled slowly sitting forward.

"Hey," I said looking over at her. "I'm sorry." I said grabbing her hand.

"I shouldn't have pushed you away like that." I sighed.

"Justin," She sighed. She clutched my arm and climbed onto my lap.

"I'm not mad at you." She said placing her head on my shoulder.

"I am glad you kept my distance from me. I needed to figure out my feelings." Placing my hands on her waist I pulled her towards me.

"And?" I asked. I couldn't help but have hope.

"I'm still a little confused by them. I don't want to move fast, but I really like you, a lot." She said kissing my neck.

"How would you feel about going out on a date with me?" I asked.

"What?" She asked pulling away so she could look at me.

"I want to take you on a date." I said. She seemed surprised, but I was surprised myself.

"Okay." She smiled from ear-to-ear. "When?" She asked. She was suddenly extremely excited.

"How about when we get to the beach house. We head out tomorrow morning, so tomorrow night we can go out on a date." I smiled.

"Okay, that sounds like a plan." She kissed my cheek.

"We should pack up. We will be leaving at 9am." I said pulling her closer to me.

"I guess we should get packing then." She said while swiftly standing to her feet. Chuckling to myself I went to grab my bag and started packing my things.

I was going to plan something romantic that she would love. She needed to be treated like a queen, and I was going to do my best to prove myself to her.