Chapter 14; let down

Justin's p.o.v

I could tell that Miley was upset and that was understandable. She didn't deserve to be let down.

"Justin," Sam said walking into the kitchen.

"Yes," I said looking up at her.

"You know Miley really likes you. I mean, she didn't say she does, but she sees you for who you really are. That is special." Sam smiled.

"Well, she is very special to me. I like her more than I should." I said sighing. "I feel horrible about this. You of all people know how Alex gets about his line ups. He doesn't like when people try to switch things around, or change things up." I said walking towards her.

"I know how Alex is. but if she is special to you then put her first and show her that." Sam reasoned.

"I need to prove it?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yeah," She nodded.

"You're right." I said walking out of the kitchen.

"Alex, we need to talk" I said walking into the office. I shut the door behind me, and sat in the chair by the desk.

"What's up?" He said looking over at me.

"I am not going with you tonight. I need to spend tonight with Miley. I made a promise last night that I would take her on a date, and I am not going to let her down. I know you don't like changing plans, and shit, but I made a promise. So figure something else out." I said standing to my feet. I hadn't really talk to Alex like that since when my sister "died".

"Justin, I need you with me." He said standing to his feet. I could tell he was angry.

"To bad Alex. I told her I would be with her tonight." I shrugged. I knew that Alex would survive without me.

"I see where your priorities are." He laughed.

"Oh fuck off. You let Martin skip to go on dates with my own fucking sister. What's the big fucking deal? I have never stepped out on you guys. I came back and fought with you guys to get my sister back, and I am still here. I have proved myself enough. I think that I deserve a night to go on a fucking date with Miley." I nearly screamed.

"Fine Justin." He sighed relentlessly.

I walked out of the room trying to calm my nerves. I don't even have to be here with him, and this gang. I can leave at any given time. I didn't even know why I was still with him anyways. He doesn't own me, in fact, nobody does. I am done with this, all of this.

"Justin," Martin said walking down the stairs. "Are you okay?" He asked walking towards me.

"I'm fine. I'm just real tired of this. I'm tired of Alex thinking he owns me. The only reason I came back was because of my sister. I don't need Alex telling me what to do all the damn time." I spat pushing past Martin. I was only speaking the truth, and at this point I was fed up.

"Justin," He sighed. He knew where I was coming from. The only reason he was still was because of me. I thought things would be different, but I was wrong.

"What Martin? What the fuck do you want?" I spat anger boiling in my veins.

"Just calm down." He said trying to calm me down.

"No," I spat louder.

At this point Zach, Aussie and Alex were standing around the room. Sam and Miley we standing on the stairway. Let's face it; I could never be with Miley. I couldn't be what she wanted, or needed.

"There was a reason I left in the first place. Some of it had to do with my sister, but I also didn't want this life. I never did. I do not want to turn into Malcom, or fucking Mike, and the rest of them." I said looking over at Alex.

"Why are you overreacting" Alex said raising his hands. I was speaking the truth, and he knew that.

"No, I am not overreacting here." I said pulling at my hair. "I never wanted to be caught up in this again." I said walking towards him.

"You got what you wanted. Now you can find someone else to replace me because I am done." I said before walking out the front door.

"Justin," Sam screamed running after me. "Where are you going?" She asked grabbing my arm. She had tears in her eyes.

"Sam let go." I said pulling away. She couldn't understand what I was going through. She never saw the family business like I did.

"Please don't do this." She said. The look in her eyes held fear, for me.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do this." I said opening my car door. "You are safe with Martin. I know he will take care of you." I said getting in my car.

"Don't leave like this Justin." She begged. Martin walked out of the house walking towards Sam.

"Take care of her Martin. Make sure Miley is safe to, and teach her to defend herself." I said to him.

"Okay." He nodded.

"Martin, don't let him leave." Sam begged him.

"I can't do that sweetheart." He said wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Please, Justin!" She begged.

"I'm sorry," I said before speeding off.

I didn't think things would come to this, but I was tired of Alex, and everything else. I was his puppet, and I wasn't going to let this continue.

Miley's p.o.v

I watched as Justin walked out of the house. I didn't know what to do, or say. I had never seen him so angry before, and it was all because of Alex. Watching Alex just stand there with a blank expression was surprising. I thought he was going to say something, but he didn't. Sam ran out of the house after Justin. I wanted to go with her! I wanted to talk to him, but I knew it wouldn't help. He was pissed, and honestly I think he has every right to be pissed. I felt bad for him, and I wanted to do something, but I don't think I can help him on this one.

After Martin ran after Justin and Sam, I went upstairs. I didn't want to be around any of them at this point. I didn't want Justin leave, but that was his business. Justin was nothing more than a friend, if that.

My mind kept running with thoughts I couldn't control. I was really looking forward to tonight, and now I just didn't want to deal with any of this.